• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Acquisition or Merger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like most airlines with both 757s and 767s, the pilots fly both planes. Just like you getting to fly the 735, 733, and your only advanced plane, the -700. You don't only fly the -300, do you? Intra Texas stuff? Yuck.

Yet another good thing about Delta is that if you want more "twin aisle" time, you can also bid even bigger planes, like the 767-400 (a separate category), the A330, the 777, and then the Whale. You, on the otherhand, will probably bid down to the 717 to be the most senior FO in your future Omaha base. Good luck and bring more KBB, you'll need it.

OYS

"Twin Aisle" time, is that a column in your logbook?

Your management has already said they are shrinking the "Twin Aisle" flying in the fall....Maybe we'll see yourself and your wide body buddy who has to comment on everything on FlightInfo in "West Texas" in a "Twin Aisle". Don't worry, I'll buy you a Mocha Crappa Latta or what ever you cool guys drink on the "Twin Aisles"! Don't worry, I can afford the good stuff!!!

I've said my whole career, I don't care what I fly, just pay me, I'd fly a 172 if someone wants to pay me the same. You'd think during your furlough time you would've matured, or at least had a better understanding of how all this works, DAL must have some better Kool-Aid then Southwest...Over there, I bet it's in the Coffee! Maybe when I get my flight times up and come to a "Real Major", you can get me some of that "DELTA Coffee" so I'll think Ship boat captain Uniforms are cool and I can hang out with you guys! (But I doubt I'll ever be that cool!)

Heck, I heard "DELTA Coffee" will convince you to fly "Twin Aisles" for less? Is it true, I know "in your next contract", "In your next contract", "In your next contract". Won't be long before someone will be up to 15K posts about your next contract. You guys need to borrow a card from CAL's playbook..."FUPM"!

Good Luck, Now back to the LCC/ Nationals board where "us commuter pukes" belong!

KBB

It isn't the Delta coffee that skews them its the rat Sh!t in the crew meals that turns them into idiots. :)

You may consider Delta after you see your SLI award after arbitration. A Delta 737 may be a lot better than your future 717 right seat to Tunica.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Never considered Delto. I even interviewed at SWA when our pay was quite lower than the other Majors, and still had SWA as my first choice. Bottom line was, if the pay was to ever go south, where would I rather be flying. Even if it was $300 an hour, I never wanted to work at a place like Delto. The culture at Southwest is worth far more than any amount of cash it would take for me to have to work with weirdos like you. This forum only solidifies my choice when you see the Delto idiots in their true form.

I've said my whole career, I don't care what I fly, just pay me, I'd fly a 172 if someone wants to pay me the same. You'd think during your furlough time you would've matured, or at least had a better understanding of how all this works......

KBB

That whole philosophy is lost on those with the capacity for abstract thought. These two hayseeds still cling to their general attitude of hopeless negativism. They both look at a 767 as their paradigm of hope. There is much more in this journey than money, but if all you crave is the thrill of a big airplane you will never achieve true fulfillment in your career.

Here's an idea. Why don't you boys just get together and have a crank measuring contest and be done with it.

Now I'm almost as cool as those DAL guys that post 5 times in a row on the same posts...
If only I had someone to quote like the cool guys!

KBB

That was funny. We all need a laugh sometimes. And thanks from this AAI guy. I look forward to getting this done and moving on. I just want to go real fast from bar to bar and have a good time doing it. See ya soon bro.

Total BS

This thread and the 100 just like it are such crap. This is so stupid I can't believe it. You didn't see the NWA/DAL pilots acting this way. No SLI threads on UAL/CAL either. This is unprofessional, unproductive and it needs to stop now.
Bottom line is the NCs will agree or they will not. If there is an agreement the members of both sides will accept it or they will not. If there is no member ratified agreement it will go to arbitration. If it does we will all have to live with the award and thats it. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
Of course growth would ease the pain. But if you really believe that there will be growth as a result of this you are smoking crack laced with meth. The yield isnt there especially at $112 oil. We will be stagnant for a long time to come so we need to figure out how to get along no matter how this turns out for us.
The worst case scenario for either pilot group is not relative senoirity or a staple but a toxic environment like they have at LCC.

Luv
Ghetto

Gen,

I think talking money is cheesy, I do it here because I am just some random anonymous forum poster.

Last year: a little over 150k (not including 401k/PS match [15%; matches income was a little over 170k] or per diem), 5-year FO, I've been to every school event that I wanted / needed to make, I'm a commuter, I coach all their sports, volunteer at the school at every chance I can, (probably averaged 15 - 17 days off per month) ... point is I have a very busy home life, one that is rich with family and friends. SWA enables this. I go to work and I work hard (if flying airplanes can be considered "hard" work), then I go home and play hard. SWA has been very good to us and we reciprocate in kind.

I'm getting sick of the 1st class peanuts :)

I have a lot of good friends at DAL, so I know you don't represent them (well). You really should take a break from these forums, get some sun, enjoy life. One day we are all gonna be worm food.

Now, send your witty insults. ;)

-C

PS my timing was very good. I feel for my brothers and sisters who have commuting / sitting reserve these last "age-65, pig through the python" years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back