Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Accelerated ratings, what do you think???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me elaborate. By saying ..."Hopefully he be receptive." I meant if he isn't move on to a different instructor. You mentioned that you like him and for both of your benefit I wanted it to work out.

Be tactful and don't over step your position as student. Heck yeah, but make sure you're realistic to your self. So far we have only heard your story and not his. I've had students unkown to me tell me they wanted to come to me and get their final 3.0hrs so they could take their checkrides. Half of these people weren't even safe to solo. My favorite was the one who showed up late figuring he could knock off his night requirements along with his solo requirements at a towered airport. Heck nooooo!

I loved the ones who told me I had to solo them. Yeah, riiiiight!
As the instructor I'll decide when it's right for the student to move on. I don't know too many good instructors who'll let you boss them around. Be tactful and communicate clearly.

Yes, be tactful if you really like this guy. More importantly be realistic and truthful, especially to yourself. If it won't work with this guy maybe you do need to move on. Have you talked to him about your concerns?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back