Academy Uniform?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
coolyokeluke said:
I was at a park recently and two fairly good looking women came over to ask directions, they were new in town. Got to talking and turns out one of them has a boyfriend who's a pilot. I asked who he was working for and she said American. I asked what he was flying and she was dumbfounded for a minute and then she said "I think it's a E-R something". After some prodding I'm pretty sure she meant an Embraer. Was he not being truthful about working for American Eagle or was this chick too ditzy to know the difference?
My parents and non aviation friends still say that I work for the mainline carrier that my airline flies for, even though I have told them countless times that it is not the same company and that I work only for Express. They all know the difference and somewhat understand it, but I really don't think that they see it as being very important. It may be a big difference to us, but not to the average joe.

He may have ID-90'd on US.

DCA instructors/staff have full DAL pass privileges. But, this one definately belongs in the "Dorky Pilot" thread. Most wouldn't be caught dead off campus in the monkey suit. After I left, they even made instructors who came in to turn in their schedules/check mailboxes, etc. even on thier off days wear their uniforms while on campus.

I feel sorriest for the students. They're required to wear uniforms now, too. No more sauntering about the flightline in bermuda shorts and a tee shirt. Suks to be in the Seminole in the summer now, as if it didn't enough before.

Personally, I was very thankful to have had the bennies when I instructed. My dad was able to travel a couple last times before he passed. One of my biggest disappointments was that he wasn't able to non-rev on one of my flights in his last years when he was on oxygen.

SkyBoy1981 said:
My parents and non aviation friends still say that I work for the mainline carrier that my airline flies for, even though I have told them countless times that it is not the same company and that I work only for Express. They all know the difference and somewhat understand it, but I really don't think that they see it as being very important. It may be a big difference to us, but not to the average joe.

I get confused myself sometimes. See I actually work at an "express" but we are also the "mainline". How can that be?

FN FAL said:
...I wanted to reach around and punch her, but I just farted instead.

That is the best thing I've heard all week, put me in a better mood. Thanks for the laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FN FAL
...I wanted to reach around and punch her, but I just farted instead.

That is the best thing I've heard all week, put me in a better mood. Thanks for the laugh.

You're not whistling Dixie. Nearly fell off my chair when I read that!

IHaveAPension said:
I get confused myself sometimes. See I actually work at an "express" but we are also the "mainline". How can that be?
Don't you have homework to do Rhoid? School is back in session now....you're going to have to stop staying up late on these forums every night if you're going to make it through Algebra class.

Just curious...

This is something I've never heard of before; wearing uniforms at a flight school. Why do instructors have to wear uniforms??? Why do students wear uniforms???

Come to think of it...why do I wear a uniform? The folks who have customer contact at my company wear shorts and ballcaps.

Seriously though, what's with the uniforms to learn how to fly? I don't see the value.

SkyBoy1981 said:

Yeah My parents are the same way. Now, My wife knows the correct way to tell people, because it's beat in her head all the time.

Latest resources

Back