Academy Uniform?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OPECJet said:
I have no idea what he was telling passengers..... Probably that he didn't know where the flight to CLE was leaving from just like the rest of us do.

I don't think he was nonreving since it was in the US system, and he didn't scam on as a j/s. At least there wasn't one on the paperwork, and the gate agent we had most of this last trip was very good. He was just a tool that suited up so people could look at him.

So this guy BOUGHT a ticket and shows up in his flight instructor uniform?

coolyokeluke said:
I was at a park recently and two fairly good looking women came over to ask directions, they were new in town. Got to talking and turns out one of them has a boyfriend who's a pilot. I asked who he was working for and she said American. I asked what he was flying and she was dumbfounded for a minute and then she said "I think it's a E-R something". After some prodding I'm pretty sure she meant an Embraer. Was he not being truthful about working for American Eagle or was this chick too ditzy to know the difference?
hahaha...she's not too ditzy, she's just believing the same "Amway" mantra her old man is subscribed to.

I was sitting on an a northwest flight a few years ago and I heard some dingbat telling her seat mate about how her sweetie pie was at UND and how he was going to be flying for Northwest when he graduated and how the ATP was the "doctorate" of aviation...I wanted to reach around and punch her, but I just farted instead.

TSA didn't question him for not having an airline ID? TSA in MIA was giving me $hit because they (3 of them) had not heard of SkyWest. An Eagle guy came over and talked some sense into them, and finally let me through.

Yes, the guy bought a ticket (I guess) and wore his DCA uniform. Real sad part was the FA bought that line about him flying for Delta one day.

I don't know if security gave the guy an hassles or not, but the CA said he saw him at the gate staning around and thought he was trying to get on as a jumpseat.

Last edited:
I don't know what my housemate was really up to. He was claiming they would let him through security. I know for sure he wore it all the way through the airport.
All that I know is I would never ever be caught dead in my old monkey suit with all the stripes and stuff (remember "flare" from the movie office space?) outside of the flightline at FSI. I use my old uniforms to instruct in (without the "flare") so I look sort of organized. All I did was make fun of that stupid uniform. What a load of b.s.

Hey, Pension...

Nice Avatar. Shouldn't the FE be engineering something on the panel instead of his eyelids? Saw the Captain horizontal in another pic the other day, too. FDX? Obviously you have arrived!

100-1/2

BushwickBill said:
All that I know is I would never ever be caught dead in my old monkey suit with all the stripes and stuff (remember "flare" from the movie office space?)

Speaking of flare, did this guy have a Seminole tie tack to top it off?

Latest resources

Back