Academy Uniform?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OPECJet

Had some guy hop on the airplane the other day wearing a full uniform, 3 stripes, wings that had a "DCA" in them.

We were all curious as to where he worked, so the flight attendant asked. His reply was that he was a student at the Delta Connection Academy. Our FA had no clue what this was, his answer was that it meant he was going to work for Delta one day.

We spent the rest of the day laughing......

OPECJet said:
Had some guy hop on the airplane the other day wearing a full uniform, 3 stripes, wings that had a "DCA" in them.

We were all curious as to where he worked, so the flight attendant asked. His reply was that he was a student at the Delta Connection Academy. Our FA had no clue what this was, his answer was that it meant he was going to work for Delta one day.

We spent the rest of the day laughing......

And he will probably wear his hat while in a grocery store too. What a dipsh!t

Was he non-revin' in the monkey suit? What a dork.
Betcha his salary is supposed to start out at 200K and he only works 8 days a month.

The_Russian said:
Was he non-revin' in the monkey suit? What a dork.
Betcha his salary is supposed to start out at 200K and he only works 8 days a month.

NON REVING? DCA students get to non-rev?

I have no idea what he was telling passengers..... Probably that he didn't know where the flight to CLE was leaving from just like the rest of us do.

I don't think he was nonreving since it was in the US system, and he didn't scam on as a j/s. At least there wasn't one on the paperwork, and the gate agent we had most of this last trip was very good. He was just a tool that suited up so people could look at him.

It's so sad to see disillusioned students. I saw a Mesa pilot the other day who was carrying a Sporty's Flight Gear flight bag on top of his luggage. Re-Goddarn-diculous I tell ya.

I was at a park recently and two fairly good looking women came over to ask directions, they were new in town. Got to talking and turns out one of them has a boyfriend who's a pilot. I asked who he was working for and she said American. I asked what he was flying and she was dumbfounded for a minute and then she said "I think it's a E-R something". After some prodding I'm pretty sure she meant an Embraer. Was he not being truthful about working for American Eagle or was this chick too ditzy to know the difference?

Latest resources

Back