ACA to go it alone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1 last thing

Has anyone else noticed that the media keeps referring to ACA as "Atlantic" and not Atlantic Coast? Is this something they have always done? (I've never noticed before). Maybe it's a hint to the rumor going around that ACA would consider chaning its' name if they went it alone?!?!?!

Atlantic Airlines...has a ring to it :)

I don't mean to be negative, but didn't Midway Airlines have an East Coast hub near IAD (RDU) and have RJ's and mainline jets (F100's, 737-700's, A320's way back when)? How did they do against the big boys? I know the areas around IAD are growing, which has to be good for them, but it makes me nervous.
Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Im not sure but i dont think Midway was marketed as a LCC. They focused on being "Carolina Class". What deference that will make who knows.

I hope you ACA guys have some good scope. Otherwise you might find Ryan or some other airline handling those larger airplanes. Kinda makes you ALPA haters think of scope a little differently now, doesn't it?

PCL_128 said:
I hope you ACA guys have some good scope. Otherwise you might find Ryan or some other airline handling those larger airplanes. Kinda makes you ALPA haters think of scope a little differently now, doesn't it?

Tom Moore and the boys were asked this very question in the webcast. The question was raised whether ACA would seek "experienced pilots on furlough from other carriers to fly the heavy equip". Tom replied, "We have full confidence in our current staff of pilots to make a smooth transition (CRJ, Glass cockpit, FMS.. etc etc), and we will have to honor the contract with ALPA. Which is our pilots will be flying those airplanes" . Not a direct quote, but basically a summary. Listen to the webcast found at the following link for more info.

http://www.atlanticcoast.com/pressreleasearchive/2003/july/webcastinstructions.htm

ACA Guys and Gals

Gutsiest Move I ever saw Mav. I wish you nothing but success. In this world sometimes the worst risk is not ever taking one.

Awsome.

Best of luck!

Smoking Man

Yep, i read it. It is what YOU understood to be coming from him. Listen to the webcast. Its pretty straight forward. Also check our scope regarding ANY flying done under ACAI.

I did listen to the webcast, twice. It wasn't mentioned there.

Has everyone already forgot about the Virgin rumors that were rampant on this board just one week ago. Is it still possible for ACA to have a minority share in a new airline? They have mentioned several times that they are not disclosing everything yet in order to keep the competition guessing.

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched is all I'm saying. If there is a low standard of pay it better be a short contract just to facilatate the start of this new venture. No five year deal ......

If we code share (outsource) the narrow body jets then we will furlough more pilots. We have a senior pilot group and it would be more economical to code share (outsource) the flying. It was mentioned that Jetblue had a junior pilot force.

What is not said can be just as important as what is said.

Last edited:
wackford said:
I did listen to the webcast, twice. It wasn't mentioned there.

Go back. Click on the link i provided. Scan thru till you reach 56:25 and listen till 57:52. Thanks for getting me to spend my time this morning to hold your hand and show you where it is. Ever heard of the term self-fulfilling prophecy? Sounds like you want to get furloughed. Relax, its spelled out in plain english on the webcast. I think you may have misunderstood Tom in the meeting you attended (perhaps that is why everyone clapped and you didnt?).

Wackford, don't sweat it....you are correct in being cautious. RJPilott I've never seen anyone with as much blind faith in mgmt. Since the day I started this gig I have never known the words, or SIGNED CONTRACTS, by our leaders to be a guarantee of anything. Anyway.....I wish you guys all the luck in the world. I'm pretty jealous and not because you might be getting larger aircraft, it's because you have the chance to work for an airline that is in control of it's own destiny, instead someone other than the airline that signs my checks calling the shots. Some day.............=). AD

Latest resources

Back