• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA to buy Air Wisconsin !?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this did happen, it would be real hard on the AWA pilots after working so hard on a good contract to have to merge it with the ACA contract. No winners on the Willie side in that deal.

Hey DairyAir,

Good to see you still alive. When you gonna call me in MEM. I heard Air Willy was going to rehire all that had left for the majors that are now furloughed!!! Ha! F$#@ Ha! If you still got my email address send me one.

flyncold

If this did happen, it would be real hard on the AWA pilots after working so hard on a good contract to have to merge it with the ACA contract. No winners on the Willie side in that deal.

True, but our contract has wording in it to avoid this very situation. If the company is sold in whole, or broken up and parts are sold, the pilots go with the aircraft or the sale is illegal. With those sold pilots goes their current work agreement. So, say ACA bought all our RJ's. AirWis pilots would go to ACA to fly those aircraft, get a higher pay and keep their work rules. The problem is the contract would eventually expire and ACA work rules would have to be adopted. That would be no good. This clause was added due the the crap Yo-nited pulled on AirWis in the early 90's where a bunch of pilots got screwed when Yo-nited re-orginized the company, selling off parts of the operation.

S.

AWACoff said:
It's a privately owned venture. 3 silent partners and 3 that work upstairs at ATW.

And my guess would be that the silent 3 would be,
U, A, & L.
The reason behind this guesstimate, any expenditures that
exceed $1000.00 have to be approved by UAL...
Isn't that ironic...

Jetsnake

Latest resources

Back