• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aca Ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately I can see the union and company scare tactics are already having an effect. What appeared to be vocal NO is looking like a muted YES. How anyone could attend a roadshow and think, yeah, I'm convinced we have to do this for FINANCIAL reasons for the company is beyond me.

Make no doubt about the union presenting all of the gloom and doom for the company and saying only the company is more upset about this.

I would have more respect for them if they just said there is no reason why, the cut is 7.5% and $.15 of per diem. Thanks for coming and please remember to vote. Instead it was 4+ hours of conjecture, speculation and gloom and doom.

Interesting,
Our union is saying that your tentative TA (I think I can say that) is "worse" than ours. Who the heck is lying and why is it that it's our own union "leadership"? ALPA would never say one thing to AWAC and the exact opposite to ACA...would they??? Nah, never.
Good luck ACA

Comair has not been approached with anything except trying to cut back on APU usage. Which we all are gladly doing.

ALL TA'S GET PASSED.......

Other than Comair, which I'm not sure if they ever voted down a sub-standard TA, or just struck....NOBODY seems to reject a TA. Mesa's passed, Air Whisky passed their concessionary TA, All 3 USAIR WO's passed first the J4J, then concessions. (PDT and ALG did first vote no on J4J, but were pushed into the corner when PSA agreed to it). That is the way it goes at the regionals! One big problem is our lack of proper representation in these matters from ALPA National. We just dont have the support. And, lets face it, pilots are so worried about having to find a different job that we roll over and accept anything pushed on us. They put it in front of us, we b!tch and moan about it, talk tough, and then roll over and vote it in. There are just too many people afraid of standing up and saying no to overcome the hardliners. It happens every time.

So.....ACA's TA will pass, I'm sure. As will the rest of us, when sh!t is pushed on us.

Comair voted down the first TA before the strike and the second TA during the strike. We accepted the third one. It was not what we wanted, but a significant improvement to the old contract. Furthermore, we were at the point of diminishing returns. Speaking from expierance, when you vote a TA down, yes you are going out on limb. However, you cannot just roll over and take it up the a$$. When the Comair pilots voted down the TA's and went out on strike, we knew we might not have a job to go back too. We were willing to make that stand and will do it again. It's a matter of pride and setting standards, not lowing the bar. Everyone is hurt when the bar is lowered. Mesa started this, look at the trickle effect. I hope ACA will be the first pilot group in this spiriling downturn to have some guts. Take a stand!

When the Comair pilots voted down the TA's and went out on strike, we knew we might not have a job to go back too. We were willing to make that stand and will do it again.

Yes, but this is a much different world and industry than it was in the spring of 2001. Most folks on strike could have easily found employment elsewhere if there was no job to return to. Not so now.

Interesting,
Our union is saying that your tentative TA (I think I can say that) is "worse" than ours. Who the heck is lying and why is it that it's our own union "leadership"? ALPA would never say one thing to AWAC and the exact opposite to ACA...would they??? Nah, never.
Good luck ACA

Our union "leadership" sent out a letter stating that if we do nothing we are telling United (as pilots) that we no longer want their business.

Air Wisconsins accepted TA was definitely presented as worse than our TA and we were told our union was in daily contact with AWACs about what they were hearing from United/Bain. My understanding is that AWAC at least got some things they wanted like a commuter clause.

Every pilot group and contract is different but ALPA is behind just about all of the TAs for the United express flying. I guess they figure if United took huge cuts then share the, uh, wealth.

Unfortunately for ACA, and the rest of the commuter industry, there is going to be more pressure to accept these horrible TA's once ours at SkyWest passes.

I've cast my NO vote of course, but the company's scare tactics and the overall ignorance of our pilot group ensure at least 51% YES votes. June 10th will be a sad day for everyone.

At least Skywest has an 18 month deal and while some think the management at Skywest will just do whatever they want because there is not a union, history shows that Skywest management hasn't doen anything like that.

These TAs at AWAC, Skywest and ACA are mostly political and very little financial. The combined savings of all 3 groups is what United loses in 4 days. Bain is worth every penny ($500,000/month) they are paying just to get these groups to do something. Skywest takes a freeze, looks like they are playing ball to the analysts and in 18 months nobody will care about these TAs from the analyst side. Sure, you freeze your pay for now, but that's a far cry from a 7.5% cut and a 6% adjustment for 70 seaters if we ever see them AND not for the FOs. What a joke. The standing line from the union is 'It's better than what the company originally proposed'. Oh really? What a surprise.

But, this deal at ACA is 5 years, no provision to do anything should we see a turn around at anytime during this period and with the way contracts go in this industry that thing will be around for 7+ years. And I want to reiterate that we get NOTHING. When asked why the union leadership said 'the company wasn't interested in that'. Oh really? What a surprise.

I may be wrong but it will not even take 18 months to see which group made the wiser move. Freeze our pay for 18 months and keep the same rates for airplanes we don't even have yet. In 18 months you will be lucky to have 10 CRJ700s anyway.

Latest resources

Back