Aca Ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sideshow

The first roadshow is over....or is it. After the 2pm show was cancelled the 6pm show ran until 10pm when we were told we had to leave because the hotel said times up.

Facts of the TA

1. 7.5% pay cut at effective date for all Captains and CRJ FOs. FRJ and J-41 FOs return to pre May 9th, 2003 rates.

2. 2% increase per year.

3. 70 seat rates IF 70 seaters are called for in contract with United and this was stated as CRJ-700s. If for some reason ERJs were part of any flying it was unclear. Rates were 6% greater than 50 seaters but ONLY for Captains. No increase in FO pay.

4. Some type of profit sharing directed into 401k based on operating margins for the company. Does not kick in unless margin greater than 8% and total company outlay over 5 years is capped at 12 million.

5. Preferential bidding....maybe....maybe not.....maybe....maybe not. If the company AND the union want and agree on it then it might happen. 18 month minimum to get implemented at best case.

6. Temporary reductions in conflict pay until preferential bidding or 570 days or ..............some other conditions..........

Some of the interesting quotes from the show.......

Q. "What were some of the toughest issues?"
A. "When we asked about executive compensation.
The executives (read Kerry and Tom) didn't like that.
So we concentrated on what WE could do." (read cut pilot pay)

"Well let me tell you, this is way better than what the company originally wanted" -- Wow, really, you mean this could be worse than what the company wanted?

"The Skywest contract is parasitic...."

"Air Wisconsin's TA is much worse" -- I believe they are ALPA

"MESA, MESA, MESA" -- I believe they are ALPA

"Comair looks great but it's unrealistic to think they do not have concessions coming from Delta"

"The company proposed Trans States pay and American Eagle work rules" -- I would think less of management if they didn't make such a first salvo, in fact, that's better than I would have thought they would start with. THAT'S THEIR JOB.

"We weren't really negotiating with management on this, we were negotiating with United" -- Oh really?

"Believe me, the only people as upset as the pilots about this are the management, Tom and Kerry" -- that is just about verbatim

But with a TA that was unanimously agreed to by the negotiating comittee AND the MEC, no one should be surprised the presentation is slanted that way. NOT ONE PERSON dissented on this, that is really representative of the pilot group.

Now since the Q & A was cut short there will be more questions but some that went unanswered.

"What if we vote NO?"

"How much pie are we giving up?" 9 million, 15 million???

"Why?, concessions are in vogue?"

MORE TO COME

Just to give you an idea where the new pay rates stand...I crunched some numbers and your new captain pay rates would be identical to Trans States pay rates and your F/O rates are very similar without any cut. Trans States annual increase is 2.5% where your TA allows for a 2% annual raise. I'm not trying to say anything here or rub anything in, I was just trying to give you an idea where the new rates fall and how they compare to TSA since we were referenced in your review of the roadshow.

"Comair looks great but it's unrealistic to think they do not have concessions coming from Delta"

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no way Comair will give up anything from there contract.

"The Skywest contract is parasitic...."

Yep! SkyWest needs to do what is right and vote it down!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no way Comair will give up anything from there contract.

You are not bursting my bubble, I just listed some of the quotes from our Union leadership. I do not necessarily agree with them. However, "no way" sounds like "never" and in life there are few absolutes. Except that I think you meant to say "their" instead of "there", perhaps not.

Except that I think you meant to say "their" instead of "there", perhaps not.

When I was a sophomore in high school my English teacher said that if you haven’t gotten it by now you never will. I guess he was right.

No way !

If you think Comair would even consider taking pay cuts then you don't understand our pilot group. We don't roll over ! not for delta mailine trying to stuff furloughees on us, not for a pay cut we struck 89 days for. They wont even bring it up because they know they will lose more in productivity. We all realize Comair growth will slow soon, with the likes of other DCI pilots flying for free. So we will hold what we got.
I hope the ACA guys realize that you are being snowed. I can't believe you anyone would vote for one !

sideshow, please post what you posted here over on our ALPA message boards so many of our members that dont know about this board can look at it. thanks

still voting NO!

I second Flaps30's comments. Vote No! Don't lower the bar. ACA will then be on the same par with Mesa if they except that crap.

I don't know how much y'all are hanging onto the 8% profit margin in order to get a bonus check, but one thing to keep in mind is that 8% profit is about the most you can ever expect any airline to show. Translation: If the company is making an 8% profit margin, they should be doing more than cutting you a small check.

If this TA passes will united vote yes on aca's new proposal? NO

If this TA were to pass does this keep more pilots from getting furloughed? NO

If this TA were to pass would furloughed pilots come back? NO

If this TA were to pass is ACA going to have 70 seats tomorrow? NO

If this TA were to pass is managment going to take a cut too? NO

Vote No for the TA. The roadshows suck and provide no information.

Latest resources

Back