• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA TA Passed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Check the financial news programs on cable, check the wall street journal, talk to friends outside the airline industry, the economy is showing solid signs of bouncing back. It's already happening on the west coast.

We really screwed ourselves. The thing I'm really concerned about is how little we are doing to please our Delta side. Delta is strong and we had opportunites to expand if we changed aircraft. We need to diversify and expand with other carriers.
We can all agree to that!

1. Don't compare regionals to these guys. It's apples to oranges. We are talking about regional airlines, let's stick to regional concessions. It's easier for a DAL pilot to accept a DAL paycut than a $21,000 /yr regional FO to take a 30% cut.

2. The same customer will also spend 50 bucks on a baseball game ticket. If the prices are high and he has to pay it, he will pay it. He does not decide major league baseball is too expensive and go to a bowling game to save money.

3. Again, if the price is set and can't be dashed around, they have to pat it.

4. Sure they are, maybe not so much as before. But what is being overlooked is the PLEASURE traveller. Look at who makes up the crowds on JB, SWA, AirTran----THIS is why they are thriving.

5. Yes it is, but it can be compared in that certain markets in air travel is also a closed market. Sure, people bellyached baseball, but the end result was in players favor.

6. Tell me that the public does not need air travel. Then look up in the sky at the planes. People can not live without it these days.

House_X said:
I'm still waiting for United to give us some good news. It took less than 24 hrs for Skywest to get crj-700 when they signed their TA. Not to mention our management giving a victory speech...I guess cell phones coverage doesn't work on the vacation beaches of Barbados.

So here we are with a big fat paycut, no news from our pimp and were still standing on the street corner hustling for "johns".

5 years ehh...the economy is already heading for a recovery and we're stuck with a 5 year contract. They can still get rid of the 41's, they can still furlough, and they can still make those dollars when they economy recovers.

bad contract + economic recovery = we are 5 year beooooothces

Being on vacation, maybe I missed something. We have -700's?

AF

Pareto

Pareto effect- why are people surprised when "crummy" TAs pass with 70%? It's the 80-20 rule; 80% of the posters speak for 20% of the population.

And if a TA passes well (ACA, SkyWest), maybe you nay-sayers should leave room for the possibility that other people from time-to-time are smarter than you.

Re: Pareto

realitycheck said:
other people from time-to-time are smarter than you.

or, perhaps, they just scare a bit easier. Not 2 days have past and our company is already trying to pull a fast one with FRJ FO vacancies without recalling furloughs while blatently violating our contract. Business as usual at ACA.

Last edited:
Yeah.. Did my PIC checkride last August.. Hope all is well with you. Did you get the boat in the water thiis summer?

FRJ FO

RJPilot

I'm one of the fuloughed FRJ FOs. I'm not pleased about what the Co is doing. I hope we hold strong and no one bids for the position. If the Co recalls just 10 pilots, two of us are FRJ FOs.

To all the ACA FOs: We (the 96) need your help

Latest resources

Back