• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Not Getting DO-Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ACA would most likely only look at the CRJ if Dornier went completely out of business. Looks like Dornier secured a $90 million loan today to stay afloat. Our COO has said very recently to some members of management that if they were to go out of business completely, ACA would take CRJ deliveries as replacement ac for our 41s and order more CRJs as necessary ie operate an all CRJ fleet on the UAX side. We have something like 30 more CRJs left to receive. I know about the strike at Bombardier but at least they are on decent financial footing compared to Dornier.

I would look to Dornier to be the next Fokker of the world ie scrape out their firm orders somehow and then see parts hard to get over the years.

Here is the article about the loan today at Dornier:

Wednesday April 17, 10:11 am Eastern Time
Fairchild Dornier Secures $90 Million Loan To Stay Afloat

(This story was originally published by Dow Jones Newswires)

PARIS -(Dow Jones)- U.S. -German aerospace company Fairchild Dornier Corp. said Wednesday that it has secured a $90 million loan to stay afloat during an ongoing restructuring.

Details on the nature of the loan, and identity of creditors, weren't immediately available.

The cash-strapped company filed for insolvency earlier this month, and a German receiver was appointed to help find potential rescuers.

Fairchild Dornier, the world's third-largest maker of regional jets behind Bombardier Inc. (BBD.A) of Canada and Embraer S/A (ERJ) of Brazil , received a shot of emergency aid in early April as creditor banks agreed to give it a $20 million advance out of the $90 million loan.

-By David Gauthier-Villars, Dow Jones Newswires; 33 (0)1 40 1717 40; [email protected]

Zk

-I had heard similar rumurs about if Dornier were to go under and there were to be no more deliveries that we would swap the two current UAX D328Jets to the Delta side, as well as the charter machine.

However we recently had a jumpseater who was in training dept, and he informed us that there are 4-8 D328Jets in Germany which are basically ready for delivery, or would just need a little polish to be shipped off to us. I know for sure 453FJ, which was supposed to be the 3rd UAX D328J was supposed to be delivered on the 25th of March, but this was affected by Fairchild's insolvency, which was filed on the 27th.

Knowing how good Kerry Skeen & Tom Moore at negotiating, I wonder if they could negotiate down the already good deal we're getting on the Dorniers.

And here's another possibility for the company, though it is purely speculative. It is my understanding that Skyway/Midwest Express Connection will be getting rid of their Dorniers and replacing them with ERJs. I believe they have approx 10-15 FRJs. If they were to get rid of the DoJet, possibly we could then pick theirs up? I remember a few years back the company was talking about buying some former Air Atlantic J41s that came on the market when Air Atlantic ceased operation. This would be a similar situation if Skyway were to surplus out their Dorniers.

JTrain

JTrain:

interesting points. seems that if the dorniers dont happen then they would be banished to charter or DAL. the skyway thing would only happen if the price is right. But who knows. the only thing for certain is i bet skeen and moore are licking their chops off how they can make $$$ off this somehowand still get the jets they want.

fly safe,

ZK

Skyway fleet plans

Hello all...

Don't hold your breath waiting for Skyway to get rid of their Do-jets. The latest word from the company is that they cannot bring two a/c types on-line - they have elected to accelerate the Boeing 717 program and push the ERJ deliveries back to 2004. They were supposed to receive two more Do-jets in Oct/Dec of this year, but it looks as if that's not going to happen.

Unless Skyway can sprinkle some fairy dust over the books to get $$$ to finance the ERJ's, our 328's won't be going anywhere until at _least_ 2004.

It's viable for the long term, perhaps, but one has to wonder if anyone will want the 328's in '04, especially if F-D continues to struggle.

I also heard a rumor before everything got *ucked up last summer that our jets were going to Chicago Express - I think that rumor's been out there for a while, though.

Take care,
-brew3

Latest resources

Back