Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beechnut

Ndugu's Foster Dad
I just heard that the FRJ that was to be delivered on the 25th was not, and that there would be no scheduled deliveries for at least three months. Any ACA folks care to comment on what that means for upgrades and the current pilot pool? Without those FRJ's and those Krazy Kanuks going on strike Monday, anyone hear anything about the immediate future of ACA?

S.

Can't comment on the FRJ, but I know that Bombardier workers will go on strike at 0600 on Monday if no agreement is reached.

8000 workers walk bringing a halt to 50, 70 and 90 seat RJ production lines.

The word is that the 34th DO-328 is being held by Fairchild and will not be released. They were suppose to deliver it on March 25th, but withheld it as they were planning to declare insolvency on March 28th. By declaring insolvency makes all contracts null and void. Therefore, Fairchild will seek new contract terms if they can find an investor in the next three months. If they don't find an investor then they will most likely cease operations. Either scenario doesn't bode well for ACA's fleet plans.

As stated by our MEC, "If Fairchild Dornier does obtain some kind of financial assistance, having already claimed insolvency makes our contracts with them null and void, meaning rates may have to be renegotiated. If the aircraft manufacturer decides not to seek assistance to continue operating, then Atlantic Coast may need to reevaluate our fleet plan, route structure, and staffing needs."

The obvious change that will be seen immediately is the delayed retirement of the J 41's from the fleet. The company has actually hired a new class of J 41 FO's that started today. Therefore, those of you in the pool may see a CRJ or a J41 class before the 328.

Interesting times at ACA.

I dont know ut i turned down 2 other offers and accepted the 22nd do-jet class. Can anyone say burning bridges?

Well at the moment we are short of 41 FO's so they may put you in that plane and we still need additional CRJ FO's in ORD so just because you don't get the HomerJet (DOH!) does not mean you will not get a Jet class. From what I hear our CRJ program is finally getting it act together.

from what im seeing on the ACA ALPA weboard, apparently coming to ACA is like going to Vegas at a Blackjack table and playing your odds. However, the blackjack odds seem better in Vegas than ACA. Good luck on your decision.

I talked to Dean today and he said that the class on the 22nd is for sure still on. But we may get a diffrent aircraft assignment, Guess we will have to see. Does anybody know if they are still interviewing? Or have they slowed down till things pan out?

Interviewing is continuing basically every tues-thurs. ACA will hire between 320-350 pilots this year and planning 450 next year. They anticipate attrition to pick up next year as the industry hopefully turns around. claim attrition of 3% now. Virtually all hiring right now is being done by pilot referrals and interships ie virtually no one who is just sending a resume is getting called. They are big into the job fair scene so if you want to work here call up an old friend who works here and get them to walk a resume in for you and attend a job fair.

Hiring 33 in April, 28 in May, 35 in June. 320-350 2002.

2/3s going to CRJ 1/3 for now to FRJ although this will be contingent upon deliveries resuming sometime. classes alternate start dates for either type every two weeks. Cant rule out at least another 41 class although there are no plans for another like 2 weeks' ago.
There is talk of going to all CRJ fleet on UAX side should Dornier completely fold. DALCON would be all FRJ with all orders complete. If your is to upgrade quickly, ie less than 2 yrs, this may not be your airline anymore.
Good luck.

check out co web site at atlanticcoast.com for more info.

What other jets?

If Fairchild doesn't make it, what type of aircraft do you think ACA would be looking at to meet their growth?

Latest resources

Back