• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Its Airbus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, if UAL sets ACA/Indy Air free, then will all of the ORD-based CRJs return to IAD immediately? Where would you put all of those CRJs? Also, how soon do you think the Delta partnership would be severed (triggering the sale of the DoJets to Delta)?

General Lee said:
When does the ACA contract expire with UAL in IAD/ORD?

No end date on the contract. It will be terminated when UAL says it's terminated. The timing is entirely up to UAL.

Gee, I guess we should have gone for some of those ïndustry leading pay rates" so we can later declare Ch 11 and furlough 1/3 of our pilots.

If we're lowering the bar, what is Spirit and Frontier doing?

texanpilot said:
I understand what you are saying.
In addition, I am not necessarily looking for a stable job, but more of a stable airline. Is that an oxymoron?

Yes.:)

History has a habit of repeating itself. If you want a stable airline think big, think of an airline that's been around decades, not years. While some may point to a handful of legacy carriers that have gone into chapter 7, the list of start ups that have failed is staggering in comparison. All that being said, there is no sure thing.

FDJ2 said:
All that being said, there is no sure thing.

You don't know if you made a bad decision until you age 60 (assuming some scumbags don't get that rule changed), and even then you can't be sure.

Back to the celebration!!! Boy, if nothing else ACA really diverted the Mesa/UAL plan. My happy thought for the day is the uplifted spirits of all the ACA pilots. Congradulations!

From a buddy at ACA....

"We signed a TA about two weeks ago with narrow-body pay-rates. a 12-yr 319/320 Captain will make $131.71 in 2004. For comparison -- Max narrow-body pay at other "Low-Cost Carriers" are as follows:

AWA - $120.42/hr (they just signed a TA to take effect next year for $133.67)
Frontier - $130.68/hr
Jet Blue - $135.05/hr
Spirit - $116.11/hr

The TA calls for incremental increases each year until 12yr Captain pay tops out at $139.77 in 2007."

Doesn't seem too bad to me.

For comparison:
12 year(max) AirTran rates for 319/320 are 152.57/172.4
5 year rates are 120.01/136.74
I don't know about the other pay rates, but you must take into effect Jet Blue's time and a half override above 70 hours.

Jetblue pay also includes time-and-a half for everything above 70 hours. That pushes our rate up a bit.

Skank said:
Jetblue pay also includes time-and-a half for everything above 70 hours. That pushes our rate up a bit.

Does everyone usually fly more than 70? If so, any idea what the average time above 70 hours is?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back