ACA Contract Concessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJPilott

For those that think what one pilot group agrees to does not have an effect on another pilot group, read the following message from tonights ACA MEC hotline:

"This morning, ACA's senior management made a presentation to the ACO MEC requesting concessions. In attendance was the MEC, members of the Negotiating Committee, our contract administer and a representative from ALPA's Economic and Financial Analysis Department. The request for concessions contained both reductions in compensation and work rule changes that amounted to a substantial reduction in our overall compensation package. The company feels that our pilot group is compensated well above "market rates" and wishes to align our compensation package with low cost carriers. The company believes that low cost carriers are: MESA, Chautauqua, AMR Eagle, and Express Jet (dba Continental Express) and compared our pay rates and work rules to these carriers.

After the presentation the MEC went into closed session in a Special MEC Meeting to discuss if the requested concessions will help ACA acquire or retain business. The MEC has instructed the Negotiating Committee and the ALPA Economic Finance &Analysis Department to evaluate and report back to the MEC at the next MEC meeting, scheduled for April 8th and 9th.

One thing needs to be made perfectly clear. The MEC did not agree to concessions, neither did we agree to even discuss concessions at this point; we only agreed to evaluate the information presented by the company. The MEC wants the pilot group to understand that we will deal in facts only, not speculation, not hype, and not conjecture. "

Oh yeah, I am sooooo overpaid! Whatever........

Gee, with pay concessions I will be able to tighten my belt a couple more notches by only eating one $0.99 side-salad a day.

Pilot877
Junior F/O weight-loss program. (Subway Jared can eat my shorts!)

You - and I - are not overpaid. However, we ARE paid more than the competition - that is where one of our difficulties lies.

46Driver said:
You - and I - are not overpaid. However, we ARE paid more than the competition - that is where one of our difficulties lies.

Thats right, now we are going to be caught up in the Race to the Bottom!

What a bunch of greedy basterds they are. "You that number for that truck driving school, Mav. Truck Masters I think it is, I think I might need that." I was eligable for food stamps at my last commuter now I might be again, that light up ahead is the train backing up over me. The funny thing is we are comparing our cost and pay rates to two companies that used to publish in there FOM's that there pilots were not to use food stamps in uniform. What a benchmark to shoot for.

Might be time to consider a strike...this whole idea of pay cuts is bullsh1t!!!!!!!!! We're in contract talks as well, I'll walk the picket line before I take a pay cut further into poverty wages...NO FUC.KIN WAY!!!!!!

SkywayFO said:
I was eligable for food stamps at my last commuter now I might be again, that light up ahead is the train backing up over me. The funny thing is we are comparing our cost and pay rates to two companies that used to publish in there FOM's that there pilots were not to use food stamps in uniform. What a benchmark to shoot for.

I'd be laughing about the FOM not using food stamps in uniform if it were not true. Sad story.

Well, I would like for a Mesa pilot to now tell me that signing that POS contract isn't going to affect the rest of the regionals. Give me a break, we are already seeing it thrown in our faces and it has only been a week since they sold their souls. Thanks again.

BTW, management HAS already taken pay cuts.

Latest resources

Back