AC to start YYZ to PHX in July w/705's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowecur

1636nm on an a/c that max's out at 2044nm.

First of all, I'd hate to sit in a 705 for over 4 hrs. Secondly, it will be interesting to see how many fuel stops they have to make the first month. It just may be for the summer only as it's hard to believe they could do it with the strong winter jetstreams.

Good luck taking anyone back when the WX goes down in Toronto. THe -700 isn't meant for that sh1t. Take it from someone who knows.

I wonder if people did not like sitting in DC-3's for 5 hours with a few stops to get to their destination. I am sure they were thrilled because it was a lot quicker than driving. If you had the choice of driving between YYZ and PHX or flying in a 705, what would you do?

Dude, regional jets aren't regional anymore. Starting in two weeks, we're flying from IAH to Flores, Guatemala. Central America. Now tell me that's a puddle jump.

box

boxjockey said:
Dude, regional jets aren't regional anymore. Starting in two weeks, we're flying from IAH to Flores, Guatemala. Central America. Now tell me that's a puddle jump.

box

I see no problem with flying any type of regional jet between cities that cannot fill a mainline jet or have no LCC competition. Flores to IAH is a great example. YYZ to PHX is a bad example, since AWA has an A319 flying the route also, with more space and larger overhead bins. I think the E170 has overhead bins, but the Canadairs lack it compared to the A319. But, I am sure AC will change it back to an A320 etc when the Winter comes around again......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Yep, the 705 is a 900 with less seats (70) so pax comfort will be a bit better. It will be operated by Jazz, their regional. But this is definitely short term - it's summer, eveyone is golfing up in Canada, wait until the cold weather comes and everyone bails out - then you'll see the Airbus again.

American Eagle just started running the CRJ 700 from Chicago to Nassau.

They really should offer an exit row seat to anyone over 6'3".

labbats said:
American Eagle just started running the CRJ 700 from Chicago to Nassau.

They really should offer an exit row seat to anyone over 6'3".

Comair has been running CVG-NAS (MYNN) forever. I always thought that was a long haul in a CRJ2.

Express Jet is the king of long hauls in an ERJ. IAH-IAD, IAH-BOI, IAH-BFL.

Latest resources

Back