Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABXAir to lower the bar?? Say it ain't so.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly Astar Jets

Fly ATI Jets
In the past, I have applauded the pilots of ABX and their leadership of 1224 for holding the line when it came to DHL flying on this and other boards. But this is from John Grabers (ABXAir Mgt.) "Info Line" dated March 5'th '09 to the employees of ABXAir:

"We talked about the economy’s impact on the worldwide ACMI marketplace, and how we have to lower our costs to be more competitive. I told everyone that we are going to reduce pay in many of our airline positions to better align the compensation in those jobs with the environment we find ourselves in today.
We are going to do that for two reasons – to attract more ACMI business, and to show DHL that we can lower our costs and give them a cost structure that allows them to stay in Wilmington, using ABX Air to fly for them, for a long time to come."

I understand that the pilots of ABX are under the gun as their co. restructures it's self to operate in the ACMI world. But 1224 has repeatedly said that DHL flying was not to be included in any pay rate discussion. Has that attitude changed?

I know this is a sensitive subject and I'm not trying to flame here ("ie" do a Trixy). I believe this is a legitimate question since this was put out in the open by ABXAir Mgt. to all ABXAir employees, and not an unfounded accusation.

Last edited:
Stand by, the popcorn is still in the microwave...

In the past, I have applauded the pilots of ABX and their leadership of 1224 for holding the line when it came to DHL flying on this and other boards. But this is from John Grabers (ABXAir Mgt.) "Info Line" dated March 5'th '09 to the employees of ABXAir:

"We talked about the economy’s impact on the worldwide ACMI marketplace, and how we have to lower our costs to be more competitive. I told everyone that we are going to reduce pay in many of our airline positions to better align the compensation in those jobs with the environment we find ourselves in today.
We are going to do that for two reasons – to attract more ACMI business, and to show DHL that we can lower our costs and give them a cost structure that allows them to stay in Wilmington, using ABX Air to fly for them, for a long time to come."

I understand that the pilots of ABX are under the gun as their co. restructures it's self to operate in the ACMI world. But 1224 has repeatedly said that DHL flying was not to be included in any pay rate discussion. Has that attitude changed?

I know this is a sensitive subject and I'm not trying to flame here ("ie" do a Trixy). I believe this is a legitimate question since this was put out in the open by ABXAir Mgt. to all ABXAir employees, and not an unfounded accusation.

FAJ, do you really think you would be the first to find out on a message board, before the membership has heard about it, voted on anything etc, etc? The info line you continue to listen to is for the weak minded. The pilot group does not listen to it it is all BS.

So the ABX MEC are "NOT" going to take or offer up concessions without membership ratification? I thought your MEC had already offered concessions to management and it was just in limbo for now. Just curious is all, not trying to start any crap.

If I have offended anyone I do apologize.

Every ABX pilot I have spoken to has said they will not capitulate on DHL payscales. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing much of anything lately since Xmas at ILN so I have been out of the loop.

I do believe that when anyone from Mgt opens their mouth, it is to spew BS. But Graber didn't even try to be cryptic in his message, so it caught me off guard.

With respect,
FAJ

"ABX starts the race to the bottom!" ... is what Trixie would say on every message board out there were she not flying for Joe Hete.

I have more respect for our colleagues across the field than to lie about them. I will not just assume that they would take pay cuts and until I hear it from one of them and have it confirmed I would never post something so slanderous and insulting. I'm pretty sure no pilot over here would do that. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are no ABX pilots that would do that either ... except our gal Trixie!

How about it, Trix? Still a bit shy or are you ready to "upgrade to the left seat" and apologize?

didn't think so

"ABX starts the race to the bottom!" ... is what Trixie would say on every message board out there were she not flying for Joe Hete.

I have more respect for our colleagues across the field than to lie about them. I will not just assume that they would take pay cuts and until I hear it from one of them and have it confirmed I would never post something so slanderous and insulting. I'm pretty sure no pilot over here would do that. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are no ABX pilots that would do that either ... except our gal Trixie!

How about it, Trix? Still a bit shy or are you ready to "upgrade to the left seat" and apologize?

didn't think so

Wow... you are finally catching on to this!!! :D No, I am not going to apologize - have no reason to apologize. (Sorry to the rest, but I'm bored and nothing amuses more than watching these morons get so flustered over something so petty...) BTW, what's this about an upgrade to left seat? How do you know that I'm not already there? :)

Oh yeah, and I can tell you that I may be many things (yeah, I'm opening the door wide open on that one... lol) but I can tell you that SHY is not one of them. :p

Latest resources

Back