• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I missed the pilot meeting, do we have more coming than the current Delta and 1 American?

Joe said that we currently hold all of IAI's conversion slots through 2008, and are looking at buying more, now, no announcement of frames, outside of the one AA bird. (he did say that finding frames to put through the line was the hard part...) As far as the DHL 76's he said that it would be foolish for anyone but us to fly them on the US side. Hinted about a 6 time per week European run for who, not sure.

Also talked to some union honchos, negotiations sound good, no really thats what they said! Hopefully some news soon.

Latest scheduling minutes referenced an ANC 767 trip (originally to start this month but delayed a few weeks). Anybody have the details on that one?

Didn't hear anything about the 76 ANC trip. I did hear that at the latest BotUp meeting it was mentioned that 8-9 9's would be gone in 12 mos. and all would be gone in 5 years. Talk about doom and gloom :(

Today in bottums up they said approx 9 additional IAI slots for 767 conversions this year. they are "aggressively" pursuing additional 767's for conversion. they said DHL has forecast about 8 or so DC9's gone this year. Also estimated 3-5 yrs for the fleet. They said no furloughs. DC8's anyones guess, but probably not long. We pickup ANC and probably IAH, but lose SJU and probably SFO. A lot of positive talk about ANA.

Also they are putting together a bid (or have bid) on a TNT charter (767) for Burlington from TOL to Hamburg (I think) on weekends.

I would surmise then that the 767 might be taking over the PDX-ANC run which would account for some of the 9's being parked.

Some of the cities I have heard may be losing a 9 are LBB, ABQ, HRL, SWF, and PWM.

As far as the 8's, Joe said in the crew meeting the other night that we would "be out of the DC-8 business by November".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back