• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No bids out for ANA flying, just a class of eight 767 Captains to make up for the shortfall in that seat. They'd need a number of additional bids to crew the ANA flying.

The company doesn't have the contractual language they need to fly the ANA charter right now and the e-board has made it clear that any such changes to accommodate such an operation would be included in the new contract, not agreed upon separately. I guess they could do the flying under the current contract but they'd be limited to 7 and 8 day blocks which, after allocating three days per block for commercial deadheads, leaves them with only four or five days of productivity for their $8000-$9000 round-trip airline tickets. They'd also lack the ability to use IROs which would further reduce the productivity of the operation. They're pretty much stuck with needking a new contract in order to run that operation.

proffer just out for 4 more 767 crews and 6 dc-9 CA's....'bout time!

I just heard that one of our Captains carried a couple of mechanics to LAX the other day to accept our first 767 from AAL. The Captain called Hete and Joe confirmed but wouldn't say how many of them we're getting. The Mechanics seemed to think that it was about 12 of them.

Meanwhile... Negotiations start again in Washington tomorrow.

Doesn't seem real likely to me given the requirements for disclosure for a publicly held company such as ours. Hope my skepticism is unwarranted.

Nothing signed yet with ANA, just negotiations, which have been reported by both ANA and ABX. I believe once a deal is finalized (ie. airframe acquisitions, ANA contract signed...) they have something like 3 weeks to report the information. If the mechanics were there to LOOK at the plane(s), there would be no reporting requirement, but if there to ACCEPT delivery, that would imply a done deal which would have had to be reported.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back