• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just for the sake of arguement since I can bid open time, and can be reasonably assured of getting a certain number of days, how is it I'm living above my means? I'm really only living above my means if I'm spending more than I'm making.

I've been furloughed. I didn't like it. I'm sure you don't, or didn't. My solution was to go find another job and not look back. I invite you to do the same.

This Hartmann guy loves to pick fights with everyone including the Astar guys and his own pilot brothers. He's like that famous German WWII ace (AKA Erich Hartmann) who flies around shooting everyone down. Only the "real" ace prided himself on never losing a wingman. And I know he never shot his own men out of the sky like this ABX "ace" does every time he posts. Thanks for the invitation but I think we'll just aim our 88's and 50 cals. in your direction whenever we can. He's gotta be Ziebarth. Author, selfish contract circa late nineties.

This Hartmann guy loves to pick fights with everyone including the Astar guys and his own pilot brothers. He's like that famous German WWII ace (AKA Erich Hartmann) who flies around shooting everyone down. Only the "real" ace prided himself on never losing a wingman. And I know he never shot his own men out of the sky like this ABX "ace" does every time he posts. Thanks for the invitation but I think we'll just aim our 88's and 50 cals. in your direction whenever we can. He's gotta be Ziebarth. Author, selfish contract circa late nineties.

Aahh 2%. How apropo. So nice of you to clearly identify yourself as part of the whiners and carpers union. Would you care for some bread and cheese with your whines?

:uzi:

What's the latest on ANA flying? I've been away from the Hoot for a week and haven't seen or heard any recent news. Last I heard was that Japan domicile is dead, flying should start up in March with Miami crews , and this thing could grow significantly beyond the 2 or 3 airplane range.

Last I heard was that Japan domicile is dead, flying should start up in March with Miami crews , and this thing could grow significantly beyond the 2 or 3 airplane range.

Those are still the current rumors. I’ll bet the March startup date slips some. I Think the company’s Japan domicile brainfart is dying on the vine. Like I said earlier, the lack of an Osaka domicile bid says this thing will be crewed with US based crews, at least initially, probably forever.

Today a new proffer came out for another 767 class. Eight 767 captains (all captains! Wilmington based!) Absolutely no truth to the rumor the class will be taught in Japanese.

The class for ILN 767 Captain's makes me wonder if the ANA flying is going to be crewed from ILN?
In case anybody missed it, the latest hotline says it looks like it will be crewed out of ILN, and the crews won't be fenced. Should be good news for anybody who was scared of getting permantly sent over there.

What the hell, I might even bid it once, just for the adventure!

Yeah, I think the direction it's heading is probably the best way to crew it for both the company and the majority of crews.

Seems like we cleared that "fencing" hurdle in a hurry when we needed to, eh? Wasn't that the primary reason the MIA domicile was created?

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed. I was willing to commit to the Japan flying (even moving there), but I'd be too junior to guarantee holding a line of it. I suspect that a lot of senior people will try it out at least once. Still, I'm very glad we're getting it done, I view it as a very positive development for ABX and the entire pilot group.

SPC briefing this Friday, hopefully some interesting stuff...

I just heard that one of our Captains carried a couple of mechanics to LAX the other day to accept our first 767 from AAL. The Captain called Hete and Joe confirmed but wouldn't say how many of them we're getting. The Mechanics seemed to think that it was about 12 of them.

Meanwhile... Negotiations start again in Washington tomorrow.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back