• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I doubt that there will be a foreign domicile. Just too many problems and complexities that management hasn't though about. Then, when they try to sell it to the pilot group, they receive a very cold reception when they can't answer any of the crew's questions. I'd bet on either a LAX domicile or an international division in ILN.

I believe that the e-board is well aware of the problem of someone getting stuck in this and being unable to get out. I think a way out will be high on their priority list.

We need to negotiate an ability to downbid, so the junior folks can get out of a domicile, that no one wants.
Who says you can't downbid? You can ... I think you're limited to one downbid in your career, but I don't know why you'd need more than that.

The downbid option is due to the fact the 76 is STILL considered a "new" aircraft b/c the company wants to continue to hose us with the 76 scheduling side letter. Otherwise, this issue is still irrelevant as being junior manned into a seat is not the same as bidding the seat and then trying to downbid.

I can only find 2 instances of "downbidding" in the contract:

1) Anyone in any seat can bid the 767 because it's "new" equipment. A.21,S.H

2) A surplus crewmember can bid into any equipment, seat or domicile and bump a junior crewmember. A.11, S.F

So a crewmember who is assigned the 767 (because a vacancy is unbid per A.11,S.E) does not have the right to bid the DC9 even if there is a vacancy. They could bid the 767 in another domicile (obviously wouldn't happen for a long time).

That's the way I read the contract, do I have it right?

If they open this domicile the way they did Miami under Art 14.B.2. then they would take only those currently qualified in type and seat. If this is the case then the junior 767 Captains and F/Os would be the ones to get hosed. It would be a stretch for management to try and say this new domicile would not affect manning levels but then again look at their track record.

Are they going to wait for 'authority' before they proffer and spool up? It takes 6-8 weeks to make a crew member. Hopefully, they don't wait until approval and then just plan on hosing the current crews and backfill. It's not like the 4 planes we are getting in the next 3 months can be autopiloted or radio controlled.

Latest resources

Back