• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about the Non-Standard lines???? There are 12 of them in February with 18 days off.

In February alone here are just a few examples of OPF days awarded:

9 CA - 22, 17, 14, 22, 22, 18, 13, 15, 13, 16, 20, 17

9 FO - 13, 19

76 CA - 13, 18, 14, 12, 19, 19

76 FO - 15, 13, 17, 12, 15, 12, 16

There are no non standard lines in DC-9 schedules in so far as I know. That means that 8 of the 12 examples you cite for DC-9 CA must have used vacation to bid back OT. BTW that's 12 out of 131. There are 107 B767 CA's 3 of bid more than 15 days. To do so they more than likely needed to use vacation.

Once again, though I realize it is futile, and you have no desire to be confused by the facts, elimination of OT would only benefit a small number of people once. Further, we would all suffer if OT were eliminated. While I realize it is one of the bedrock credo's of left wing liberals that we should all suffer equally (except of course the best and brightest who would rule) I prefer not to suffer at all.

One last thing. Least you think I am one of the greedy SOB's who live on OT I do not personally bid more than a few days of open time in any given month. Some months I don't bid any. I really don't want to work that hard.

Last edited:
There are no non standard lines in DC-9 schedules in so far as I know. That means that 8 of the 12 examples you cite for DC-9 CA must have used vacation to bid back OT. BTW that's 12 out of 131. There are 107 B767 CA's 3 of bid more than 15 days. To do so they more than likely needed to use vacation.

Once again, though I realize it is futile, and you have no desire to be confused by the facts, elimination of OT would only benefit a small number of people once. Further, we would all suffer if OT were eliminated. While I realize it is one of the bedrock credo's of left wing liberals that we should all suffer equally (except of course the best and brightest who would rule) I prefer not to suffer at all.

One last thing. Least you think I am one of the greedy SOB's who live on OT I do not personally bid more than a few days of open time in any given month. Some months I don't bid any. I really don't want to work that hard.

Ummm....notice I said a FEW examples. I didn't list them all. I would have been here all day if I cited all the 10's, 11's, and 12's.

You are correct. There are not any non-standard lines on the 9. I was referring to the 767.

Care to explain how you think we would ALL suffer if OT was eliminated? Again, I don't think it should be eliminated. By suffering, do you mean only supporting 2 or 3 women, and maybe only 1 small boat, and just a small condo in Florida?

BTW, no Liberal whackos in my house on my watch. ;)

My favorite OPF story was when a newly displaced 767 to 9 fo came up to me and said how life was rough because he had to work a ton of overtime now to cover his costs...I asked, " well, how long were you on the 767?" his reply almsot made me sh**, he said "six months"!!!!!!! All this and I was on furlough, yeah, that sat well.

Before I go on: don't even give me the crap that cutting out OPF won't help anybody or only a small few, while on furlough that arguement cut deep.

We still have guys on furlough--guys that have not had a chance to come back even once...

As far as you saying why should the senior guys give it up to help the junior? Well, let me ask you this...why can't you make it on your base salary alone? Did the junior guys overspend for you? Or was it your poor life choices that have you over the barrel?

I honestly would be ashamed if I couldn't: that says to me "I am too dumb to understand my spending limits"

The next time you fly with a senior FO who has been held out of a captain seat because of this, ask him how he/she feels. Think about the shrinking seniority list as the 767 open time continues to grow, far above contractual limits (even our union has bought into this by allowing a waiver, great, huh?) But, I guess you are so smart and insulated that you do your "couple" days open flying and go home, smug and secure.

The sad part is the middle level guys who are in effect holding themselves back from upgrade to either a captain seat or 767 right seat by bidding it all up.

Heres a solution to Japan...put it all in OPF, ten bucks says it will all be bid up, everything else does!

A few additions:

I do not begrudge anyone trying to build up their retirement, totally different animal.

I also think with age 65 on the way, anyone over 60 should not be allowed to bid OPF. They will bid it all up, and they've already been given extra time to build up a nest egg. Stay, if you must, but you've had your chance at the whore trough, move along, let another pig move in...God knows these guys are gonna die at the yoke as it is, at least they will be able to afford the burial.

How about going it one better and get the union to hold the line on age 60. Doing this night flying until age 65 has no particular appeal to me, but with about a year and a half to go I don't think I'll have to worry about it.

How about going it one better and get the union to hold the line on age 60. Doing this night flying until age 65 has no particular appeal to me, but with about a year and a half to go I don't think I'll have to worry about it.

I would vote for it (out at 60)......wonder how the total vote would go on this?

My favorite OPF story was when a newly displaced 767 to 9 fo came up to me and said how life was rough because he had to work a ton of overtime now to cover his costs...I asked, " well, how long were you on the 767?" his reply almsot made me sh**, he said "six months"!!!!!!! All this and I was on furlough, yeah, that sat well.

Before I go on: don't even give me the crap that cutting out OPF won't help anybody or only a small few, while on furlough that arguement cut deep.

We still have guys on furlough--guys that have not had a chance to come back even once...

As far as you saying why should the senior guys give it up to help the junior? Well, let me ask you this...why can't you make it on your base salary alone? Did the junior guys overspend for you? Or was it your poor life choices that have you over the barrel?

I honestly would be ashamed if I couldn't: that says to me "I am too dumb to understand my spending limits"

The next time you fly with a senior FO who has been held out of a captain seat because of this, ask him how he/she feels. Think about the shrinking seniority list as the 767 open time continues to grow, far above contractual limits (even our union has bought into this by allowing a waiver, great, huh?) But, I guess you are so smart and insulated that you do your "couple" days open flying and go home, smug and secure.

The sad part is the middle level guys who are in effect holding themselves back from upgrade to either a captain seat or 767 right seat by bidding it all up.

Heres a solution to Japan...put it all in OPF, ten bucks says it will all be bid up, everything else does!

:rolleyes: You sure are preachy... I'm guessing you're a lib.

9 CA - 22, 17, 14, 22, 22, 18, 13, 15, 13, 16, 20, 17

9 FO - 13, 19

76 CA - 13, 18, 14, 12, 19, 19

76 FO - 15, 13, 17, 12, 15, 12, 16

Jet if you are trying to make a point at least get your information correct. These numbers you are using came directly from the companies OPF bid award. This report adds a day to any assignment where you return after midnight. Since most trips return after 0001 it adds one day to most assignments. Therefore a 1 day trip becomes 2, 2 day 3, etc. Take a little time to learn about the facts you are using. This too is a lovely trait of liberals, quoting facts that are either wrong, misleading, or taken out of context in order to support your point. I'm not disputing your whole arguement, just your facts, but it doesn't help you make your point when your evidence is distorted.

:rolleyes: You sure are preachy... I'm guessing you're a lib.

No definately not, what does that matter anyways, just tired of people living beyond their means and trying to justify screwing other people.

No definately not, what does that matter anyways, just tired of people living beyond their means and trying to justify screwing other people.

Just for the sake of arguement since I can bid open time, and can be reasonably assured of getting a certain number of days, how is it I'm living above my means? I'm really only living above my means if I'm spending more than I'm making.

I've been furloughed. I didn't like it. I'm sure you don't, or didn't. My solution was to go find another job and not look back. I invite you to do the same.

Latest resources

Back