• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX to compete with DHL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have never seen a group of people that take such great pleasure in the possible demise of other peoples livelihoods, (okay other than management) . You all can hate ABX all you want but show some human compassion and try to not rub salt in our wounds before they're even created.

Trust me FH, most of us over here don't take any pleasure in any of this. Personally, I don't wish any of you guys ill will. Hopefully, this will work out ok for all of us.

this guy was brought in for far more reaching reasons than you see here. your "top execs" that are "retiring" are actually popping their golden parachutes and leaving.

this guy has been brought in as a hired gun. you're not going to like what his mission is.

Please enlighten us, exactly what is his "mission"? Since you evidently have the informational inside track, I'd appreciate you filling us in.

Seems to me that all this discussion on how the two pilot groups will merge is off point. Apparently we (ABX) have hired a Chief Operating Officer. Doesn't seem likely to me Joe would bring on a COO if he was planning a merge.
His background is in heavy, outsourced maintenance services, so I suspect that ABX is bringing him on board to get their own contract maintenance services up and running. He's not a hit-man, just a guy who knows who to call to get things done.

There appears to be a lot of posturing going on between DHL, Astar, and ABX right now. DHL seems to be saying to ABX, "We don't really need you," to which ABX is responding "Well, we don't need you, either." Of course, neither statement is entirely true. Were either company to pull the plug on the other, it would cripple both of them for years to come.

Meanwhile, the pilots of Astar are saying "Yippee! We're DHL again!," oblivious to the fact that they are a no-growth company, and destined to remain one for the foreseeable future. The only progression through the ranks at Astar are coming through retirements, terminations, and guys who are fed-up with the whole thing and leaving for greener pastures. Leaving for ANY pastures, in fact.

And John Dasburg? He knows who butters his bread. He doesn't say anything unless DHL tells him to say it.

Hey Dan,

Just curious....if you've flown a "little of everything" and have "lots" of flight time, and we (AStar) "are a no-growth company, and destined to remain one for the foreseeable future. The only progression through the ranks at Astar are coming through retirements, terminations, and guys who are fed-up with the whole thing and leaving for greener pastures. Leaving for ANY pastures, in fact.", how come yer still here?

I could leave right now, for more pay, right now, but I'm still betting on things working out. When Fying Tigers was going bankrupt, many of their guys punted, the ones who stayed are now senior captains at FEDEX. Nothing but dark skies ahead, but you're still here.....seems odd.

Hey Dan,

Just curious....if you've flown a "little of everything" and have "lots" of flight time, and we (AStar) "are a no-growth company, and destined to remain one for the foreseeable future. The only progression through the ranks at Astar are coming through retirements, terminations, and guys who are fed-up with the whole thing and leaving for greener pastures. Leaving for ANY pastures, in fact.", how come yer still here?

I could leave right now, for more pay, right now, but I'm still betting on things working out. When Fying Tigers was going bankrupt, many of their guys punted, the ones who stayed are now senior captains at FEDEX. Nothing but dark skies ahead, but you're still here.....seems odd.

naw, old "whistle britches" ain't here.....seems he's still stinging from that, well let's just say he was shown the door. that's why he wants to see Astar fail so badly, just to justify his departure.

really sad..........

naw, old "whistle britches" ain't here.....seems he's still stinging from that, well let's just say he was shown the door. that's why he wants to see Astar fail so badly, just to justify his departure.

really sad..........

Well he claims he is. And he claims he's not that other Dan. But, of course, if he is that other Dan, then making false claims would be nothing new now would it? Only Whistlin really knows.....so I'll let him answer since he claims he's still here.

Latest resources

Back