• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX says NO THANK YOU to ASTAR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That you participate in management sponsored meetings as a pilot group. If, in fact you do, or is it your union leaders that meet with them?

Please don't misinterpret that just because we go to meetings that we buy into the company line. Usually it ends up that management gets all huffy when they can't answer our questions without shuffling their feet and shrugging their shoulders. It would be entertaining if it wasn't so pathetic.

Please don't misinterpret that just because we go to meetings that we buy into the company line. Usually it ends up that management gets all huffy when they can't answer our questions without shuffling their feet and shrugging their shoulders. It would be entertaining if it wasn't so pathetic.

Ah. That's ok, I suppose. We just don't go to management meetings period. They used to try to have meetings with us, but I suppose they got tired of being the only people in the room. ;)

It is interesting to hear what management has to say versus what our union says. And I guess I still hope things can change...

The meeting I was referring to was a "coming out" party for the newly minted COO of ABX. Yeah I know, he's management and should not be trusted, but he said and did some things in that meeting that left a very good impression (embarrassed some of the current junior mgmt.) Funny the looks on the current mgmt as he spoke, almost like "oh my god, this guy knows what he's doing, and what we've been doing wrong!" I do hope he turns out like his first impression, only time and actions will tell.

It is interesting to hear what management has to say versus what our union says. And I guess I still hope things can change...

The meeting I was referring to was a "coming out" party for the newly minted COO of ABX. Yeah I know, he's management and should not be trusted, but he said and did some things in that meeting that left a very good impression (embarrassed some of the current junior mgmt.) Funny the looks on the current mgmt as he spoke, almost like "oh my god, this guy knows what he's doing, and what we've been doing wrong!" I do hope he turns out like his first impression, only time and actions will tell.

Yeah. We've been through that a few times too. Some new guy comes in and says "It's a brand new day" here at old AAC. Then he runs into the middle/lower management wall, and eventually realizes that he isn't going to change a thing, because he isn't allowed to clean house and bring fresh blood in to get rid of the old team that's only interested in protecting their bonuses. Maybe Graber will work out differently for you guys.

SPECIAL EMPLOYEE HOTLINE – August 1, 2007​

ASTAR AIR CARGO ACQUIRES AIRCRAFT​
TWO DC-8’s PURCHASED OFF LEASE​
ASTAR Air Cargo today announced it has finalized terms to purchase two DC-8-73
aircraft with long-range capabilities and a spare engine currently leased from Bank of
America's leasing division. Acquisition financing to ASTAR has been arranged and is
being provided by HSH Nordbank AG, New York Branch. The aircraft are part of
ASTAR’s current dedicated fleet assigned to DHL Express under a long-term ACMI
agreement expiring in 2019.
“ASTAR made the strategic decision to purchase these airplanes to enhance our position
as a provider of airlift services for our primary customer, DHL Express,” said Steven A.
Rossum, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of ASTAR. “Less than a
year ago, HSH arranged and provided the financing to enable ASTAR to complete
the acquisition of 20 Boeing 727-200A Freighters. This newest acquisition of aircraft is
consistent with our business growth strategy to lower our costs and enhance our
competitiveness. I would like to thank HSH Nordbank and Bank of America, for their​
roles in enabling ASTAR to carry out this important transaction.”

Hang on everyone here comes ASTAR to capture the market for DHL!!!!

SPECIAL EMPLOYEE HOTLINE – August 1, 2007​

ASTAR AIR CARGO ACQUIRES AIRCRAFT​
TWO DC-8’s PURCHASED OFF LEASE​
ASTAR Air Cargo today announced it has finalized terms to purchase two DC-8-73
aircraft with long-range capabilities and a spare engine currently leased from Bank of
America's leasing division. Acquisition financing to ASTAR has been arranged and is
being provided by HSH Nordbank AG, New York Branch. The aircraft are part of
ASTAR’s current dedicated fleet assigned to DHL Express under a long-term ACMI
agreement expiring in 2019.
“ASTAR made the strategic decision to purchase these airplanes to enhance our position
as a provider of airlift services for our primary customer, DHL Express,” said Steven A.
Rossum, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of ASTAR. “Less than a
year ago, HSH arranged and provided the financing to enable ASTAR to complete
the acquisition of 20 Boeing 727-200A Freighters. This newest acquisition of aircraft is
consistent with our business growth strategy to lower our costs and enhance our
competitiveness. I would like to thank HSH Nordbank and Bank of America, for their​
roles in enabling ASTAR to carry out this important transaction.”

Hang on everyone here comes ASTAR to capture the market for DHL!!!!

Oh boy, what a commitment!! Bla, bla,bla.

And once again, no net gain of aircraft. Maybe attempting to buy another company is the only way they know how to acquire more aircraft.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back