• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX says NO THANK YOU to ASTAR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" They absolutely couldn't replace ABX anywhere near 2 years. Well maybe they could, but that would involve every ACMI carrier from here to Taiwan, and I'm sure that would be very profitable..."

Yea, DHL would never do anything dumb like that. Like buy a completely incompatible company or buy back into an airline that has 44 a/c on there last leg, Oh wait....

Your screwed!!

Last edited:
" They absolutely couldn't replace ABX anywhere near 2 years. Well maybe they could, but that would involve every ACMI carrier from here to Taiwan, and I'm sure that would be very profitable..."

Yea, DHL would never do anything dumb like that. Like buy a completely incompatible company or buy back into an airline that has 44 a/c on there last leg, Oh wait....

Your screwed!!

Or build a $300 Mill brand new facility and then walk away from it in favor of one 20 years old. Yep DHL ALWAYS make the reasonable decision.

Or build a $300 Mill brand new facility and then walk away from it in favor of one 20 years old. Yep DHL ALWAYS make the reasonable decision.

:laugh: too true. They burn through money like they were printing it.

After just 4 years of DHL exposure, I don't see how you guys put up with their "master minds".

Your screwed!!
yea or put all your eggs in 1 basket (Astar) they are one of Abx's biggest customers 113 recoveries thru Nov 06 (compared to 4 for Abx by Astar) please do not shoot the messenger these numbers came from MX!

yea or put all your eggs in 1 basket (Astar) they are one of Abx's biggest customers 113 recoveries thru Nov 06 (compared to 4 for Abx by Astar) please do not shoot the messenger these numbers came from MX!

Wow! So how on God's green earth did DHL Airways operate for 20+ years without you guys? And with a 98%+ on time performance no less? Get a clue!

Wow! So how on God's green earth did DHL Airways operate for 20+ years without you guys? And with a 98%+ on time performance no less? Get a clue!

why dont you get a clue! If Abx does the recovery Astar still gets an on time performance. Plus Astar was not an express overnite company for the first 20 years! Do not be so thin skinned (I said do not shoot the messenger) I asked this question during a meeting with our MX during grd school he does a 9am conference call every morning with DP,ABX,ASTAR to talk about any extra flights recoveries etc.The numbers are fact! Again these are not my numbers just the numbers!

Because you get credit if the flight is no longer than scheduled, even if it is two hours late leaving the sort. Out of the mouths of your own folks.

Because you get credit if the flight is no longer than scheduled, even if it is two hours late leaving the sort. Out of the mouths of your own folks.

If it is two hours late leaving the sort because of loading delays, I believe you are correct. We don't get hit with the delay.

20 years previous and your company could only grow to 40 planes....thats the problem!

20 years previous and your company could only grow to 40 planes....thats the problem!

113 recoveries, beautiful.

As far as 40 airplanes, that just the US. There are companies and planes all over the world not to mention the belly space that was used all around the US. Thats just how DHL did it, I don't like it but thats the way it is.

How did you guys not manage to make it out of the US for 30 years? Why did you upgrade your fleet with 767s and not join the rest of the world in container systems. Your own guys told me how they flipped when that happened.

There are problems with both companies. Too bad we are all in the middle.
:beer:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back