Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

727flier

driver
Wonder what their angle is? Why spend the money to change names?

FYI

Peter
ABX Holdings News - Memo #08-03 Info. Source: J. Payne 4/4/08

Please share with employees. OK to forward or print.

At the end of 2007, ABX Air reorganized into a holding company structure and became a subsidiary of ABX Holdings, Inc. The management and Board of Directors of ABX Holdings has determined that changing the name of the holding company to Air Transport Services Group, Inc. would more accurately reflect the diverse nature of the business.

For the past five years, ABX Air has been working to diversify its revenue base through a range of service offerings. ABX Holdings' acquisition of Cargo Holdings International further increased this diversification.

We expect the proposed name to be confirmed by shareholders at the upcoming annual meeting in May.

Changing the name of the holding company will not affect the validity of the company's stock, though the company will seek to change its trading symbol from ABXA to ATSG.

In a way makes sense seeing the rumors of growth are at ATI, ATI of the 3 airlines is seeing the most hiring too. Now the holding company is going to have their same name? Coincedence? Who knows what the master plan is, this is weird though.

I wonder if this coincides with the sale of the two ABX Air 767s to CAM? Doesn't sound good for the folks at ABX Air.

After reading the SEC filing it sounds like ABX Air is being set up to be sold.

What part of it sounds like they are about to be sold? The wishful thinking little voice in your head? Every part of it sounds like a company that at worst is getting ready to pit one work group against another, at best growth through a diverse customer base that stretches the corners of the globe. Keep wishing in one hand and crap in the other and tell me which fills first.

What part of it sounds like they are about to be sold? The wishful thinking little voice in your head? Every part of it sounds like a company that at worst is getting ready to pit one work group against another, at best growth through a diverse customer base that stretches the corners of the globe. Keep wishing in one hand and crap in the other and tell me which fills first.

Anger management problems again I see. Go read the SEC filing. Better yet, go talk to the 1224 and get their take on this.

Look at Graber's background. ATA ring a bell? Take a look at ATA's history and see where they are today.

If you don't want to believe me, call 1224's hotline and take a listen.

Latest resources

Back