• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Hiring!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like there might be a few provisions that need to be added to the contract. Survey going on, tell them your new biggest issue.

Hello Pot its the Kettle!!!!! i guess its ok to do OPF unless it effects you then dam those greedy bastards.

Nope Just at the ones who NOW complain about OPF when everyone knows that EVERY pilot there has and will continue to do it

I made the complaint and have not once picked up OPF or sold back vacation, which I equate to OPF. Get it straight before you sling stuff...

I made the complaint and have not once picked up OPF or sold back vacation, which I equate to OPF. Get it straight before you sling stuff...

+1 here. :beer:

In 9 years of employment here I have flown exactly ONE (1) day of OPF and that was over 7 years ago when I first upgraded to the DC9. Never a day since that.

I have NEVER sold back one single day of vacation. I don't like this place that much to want to be around all the time.

One other thing that I have never done is to take pay for training days that land on days off. I make them give me the days off back. I don't think this is any different from OPF either.

Staff the airline correctly.

Jurassic,

Amen brother. As a fellow, no OPF (less than 3 trips in a total of 9+ years and none since we had guys on the streets) I agree with the vacation buy back. I dont do it, and I also get my training days back. If they need me that bad they can try to junior man me, as long as I am not too tired.

JJ, Box-Hauler, Booger, ditto here. We need to push to get this opf to stop. Our advancement has been stifled by the wh**es as well as pilots put on the street because of it. And now with 65 it is even more so. Limit to something like 3 days per month max and none if there are furloughs that have not passed up recall. Enough is enough. With all that is going on we may now have the numbers to get this through?

JJ, Box-Hauler, Booger, ditto here. We need to push to get this opf to stop. Our advancement has been stifled by the wh**es as well as pilots put on the street because of it. And now with 65 it is even more so. Limit to something like 3 days per month max and none if there are furloughs that have not passed up recall. Enough is enough. With all that is going on we may now have the numbers to get this through?

Now you're talking Skymiles. We took two big hits last week with the "Age 65 law" and the loss in the Cincinnati Court. Perhaps after we lick our wounds we might realize that some good can come from these unfortunate events if we use them as evidence of the need to change the whole broken open flying system. Career advancements will surely slow even further at a company that already prides itself on its low crew manning levels. We must adjust to times. The environment that was appropriate in 1992 when we voted in the present open flying system is no longer relevant to the vast majority of our pilot group in 2007. In 1992 Captain upgrades were taking 2-3 years, just ask any 14th year F/O how long they're taking now. We must realize that this one issue has caused more strife within our pilot group than any other. I do not advocate a total ban on the bidding of overtime just a reasonable balance that will encourage upgrades and career advancement while allowing "some" additional compensation for those willing to give up their precious time off. As I recall no company official ever claimed in my new hire interview that I might expect to double if not triple my base compensation. I would not feel right in doing so especially at the expense of my fellow (less senior) brothers and sisters. It is certainly time for a balance! It is appropriate and right.

Couldn't agree more....Just yesterday I received a phone call from a surveyor the union hired. I believe one of his first questions was something like "what are the most important issues regarding this contract"? Before he could spew out his multiple choice answers I told him LIMITING OPEN FLYING.

Anyway, the area code the surveyor called from was 301 so watch for it and tell them about it.

Latest resources

Back