• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Hiring!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, the age 65 thing really chaps my....you know...especially when we have made retirement a justification for copious amounts of OPF. What are these guys gonna do now that they have another 5 years to go. In fact one of OPF's biggest supporters was supposed to retire next month, im sure he'll continue his trend. Oh and how about the captain bragging on the bus the other day about flying almost 960 hours this year. That's what I said NINE HUNDRED AND SIXTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two guesses who it was...

I agree that we must finally put an end to our current open flying program. It is the single most destructive policy to our pilot unity. The pilots must find some way of limiting or stopping the amount that any individual can fly in a bid period, or annually. We need to tell our E Board and negotiators to make this change happen. Message boards won't get it done.

Done and done, Dawg. They didn't listen to me the first time I was furloughed, but they did listen the second time, different group, though.

By the way, have you all listened to the hotline this weekend?

I agree that we must finally put an end to our current open flying program. It is the single most destructive policy to our pilot unity. The pilots must find some way of limiting or stopping the amount that any individual can fly in a bid period, or annually. We need to tell our E Board and negotiators to make this change happen. Message boards won't get it done.

Posting on a message board may not get it done but it certainly is a fine place to start. The timing is significant in that coincides with the Wilson Research Group Poll. Just a note....of the twenty 767 Captains who bid more than day of overtime in December twelve of them have a seniority number of 50 or less. I have heard for more than 15 years how these guys have built our union but it would appear to me that they must accept responsibility for their selfishness and lack of unity as of late. You have heard your friends talking in the cafeteria at night complaining of our union's lack of leadership. What a joke! If the truth be told our union leadership has been superb. It has been our support of the leadership that has been disappointing. Those who do not support the effort seem to always have an excuse; I'm in my last five years before retirement, I have kids in college, I supported the union effort last time, blah, blah, blah....As much as I am disturbed by this phenomenon it is time talk out our differences and start with a fresh page. Perhaps we can do that at our meetings this week in the Hoot.

By the way, have you all listened to the hotline this weekend?

Yes, it sounds like the former "By The Book" plan...encourage your Capt to fly long range cruise and the cleared flight plan(no direct to headings)...except on Saturday mornings, of course :)

yeah, bragging in the crew bus about how much he has flown and how much he is going to make...I was impressed to say the least.

yeah, bragging in the crew bus about how much he has flown and how much he is going to make...I was impressed to say the least.

I'll bet. You know, it's snow and ice season. Those airstairs can get pretty darn slippery.....

If that happened, they would have to bottom 50, bottom 75 the captains

Latest resources

Back