• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX, DHL and Astar family tree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont think JH had anything to do with DHL pulling out of the u.s., did he ?
His attitude with DHL and his arrogance didn't help. His lack of vision to be able to run this company before DHL also didn't help. ABX has nothing but managers. They manage what comes through the door. (and not very well) To lead a company, you need vision and the ability to lead in order to get to where you see the company. If that existed, Airborne and then ABX would have never been an option to work with DHL. We should have never been in a position to need another company to tell us every move to make.

His attitude with DHL and his arrogance didn't help. His lack of vision to be able to run this company before DHL also didn't help. ABX has nothing but managers. They manage what comes through the door. (and not very well) To lead a company, you need vision and the ability to lead in order to get to where you see the company. If that existed, Airborne and then ABX would have never been an option to work with DHL. We should have never been in a position to need another company to tell us every move to make.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but isn't that what he'd been trying to do for the last 3 or 4 years - trying to get ABX out from under DHL's influence?

What do you think he should have done, under the circumstances?

Thats why I say "before" DHL. I understand that his hands have been more or less tied. Then again, if your the top dog and DHL is telling you what to do, what are you doing to earn your money and your golden parachute. I have no idea what I would have done. I know that I don't have the ability to do that job. Thats why I'm just a pilot. If we had someone the caliber of Gates or Trump or even Fred Smith, do you think we would have been in this mess. My bet is no. I know, those guys are the exception. Its just an example. ABX sold out its product to DHL and hoped for the best. If we had a leader, that would not have been necessary. This is just my opinion. Also, in four years that DHL has been here, we couldn't even break the 10% barrier and grow to a self sustaining number. Hete and Graber have sucked running this company.

I agree to a point with the 10% charter. We did not grow it. We should have been at 9.9992% every quarter, that way DHL is still on the hook for all the expenses. The only time it would have made sense to grow beyond the 10% is if you could have gotten massive growth, double digit growth in the charter arena, and we all know that our head of charters is not capable of doing that. That would have required getting up out of your chair, leaving your office and go sell our product............. With an obstacle like that looming I can see why we did not grow. (sarcasm intended).

The stock is in the toilet because 110 of ATSG's aircraft lost their ride. Thats why the stock tanked because DHL the biggest contractor of ATSG dumped them and pulled out. Has nothing to do with cappy or ati or JH. As soon as all the dust settles the stock will slowly gain value. Both ATI and Cappy make money so eventually ATSG will return to a profitable company, this includes the sell off of assets (excess 767s).

All you guys think that as soon as ABX goes away that ATSG is gonna go chpt 11. You still have no idea of what ATSG consists of now. Thats why JH bought CHI. He knew that when DHL pulled the plug on ABX that ATSG stock needed another way of surviving.

The stock is in the toilet because 110 of ATSG's aircraft lost their ride. Thats why the stock tanked because DHL the biggest contractor of ATSG dumped them and pulled out. Has nothing to do with cappy or ati or JH. As soon as all the dust settles the stock will slowly gain value. Both ATI and Cappy make money so eventually ATSG will return to a profitable company, this includes the sell off of assets (excess 767s).

All you guys think that as soon as ABX goes away that ATSG is gonna go chpt 11. You still have no idea of what ATSG consists of now. Thats why JH bought CHI. He knew that when DHL pulled the plug on ABX that ATSG stock needed another way of surviving.

And if J.H. had been willing to work with DHL this whole UPS deal would not have taken place instead of screwing them over and over. You have no idea what has taken place over the years.

Also in the last report J.H. himself said bankruptcy is very possible. 500M dept cannot be covered by Cappy and ATI.

Latest resources

Back