ABC news wants to hear from you!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2lkfdeg.jpg

....so err...who wants to get called out?

... didn't think so...

....so err...who wants to get called out?

... didn't think so...

Ordinarily, I would day, "Don't respond to this. Let ALPA address the issues with pay and working conditions at {insert bottom feeder of choice here}". However, given ALPAs seeming inability to fix ANYTHING and the lack of true reform in this industry, I urge you guys to GO F'ING NUTS!!!! Tell them everything. Tell them about the 4 day trips with three reduced rest layovers. Tell them about sleeping on the airplane during CDOs/highspeeds/illegals. Tell them about having to stand in line for food stamps on first year pay to feed your family. Tell them about Chief Pilots who pressure you to take an airplane that is un-airworthy because they think you'll cave. Tell them that after being so tired on day 4 of a 4 day after three nights of short rest in noisy shady hotels that you felt just barely capable of doing your job in a safe manner.

This is EXACTLY what they want to hear right now. Use this moment (Yes, I know it's crass) to make the flying public understand what they get when they fly on {insert carrier here}....

Yeah, it may be self-effacing, but in the end it just might help you out.......

My opinion.

I think speaking to the news without permission of your company is a sure way to end up job hunting. The problem is, former regional pilots at a major will be happy to talk. These are the same pilots who tell the media that we regional pilots are unsafe, untalented, inexperienced, etc.

I think speaking to the news without permission of your company is a sure way to end up job hunting. The problem is, former regional pilots at a major will be happy to talk. These are the same pilots who tell the media that we regional pilots are unsafe, untalented, inexperienced, etc.

Its too bad you feel that way.

I would never trash my former "REgionAL" airline. Great place with lots of great crews and memories. I frequently find myself standing up for them/myself in fact.

I loved my time at XJT and frequently question why I left.

Latest resources

Back