AA's Pilots Screw its Furloughee's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally Posted by matchthehatch
While I agree that pilots should be able to continue to defer and collect some of the equity, those of us who are taking pretty damn significant risks by returning now, and not waiting until things are sorted out, should be rewarded for taking those risks.
Very good point, sir.

I don't see what taking a supposed risk has anything to do with that money? It's not a reward for coming back early. It's an equity distribution that should belong to all pre-merger APA pilots either active or furloughed.

I agree but the majority rules in a democracy, and even if someone opposes what the majority is doing, based on what is right and wrong... Well the minority is simply wrong about how things get decided, but their consolation is that they're right! They can never get the money but they spend more money fighting it and even if they win, they still lost.
2300 TWA pilots would disagree with you. If the majority decides to disenfranchise the minority and pick winners and losers they will be held accountable. The court will certainly remind you of that. As will your assessment.

Latest resources

Back