• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI/SWA solution

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am assuming then that for you AT guys that since money isnt important you are willing to forgo any Captain upgrades? Why not just stay at the first job you held? The vast majority of airline pilots upgrade when they can even though it results in crushing seniority loss. I wonder why?

Another question: If SWA pilots could flip a switch and kill the enitire acquisition, call the whole thing off, we would in a heartbeat. It is a hypothetical sure, but the question is would you? You would keep what you have, go back to negotiating your sect6 and preparing for strike without having SWA "interfere." I think the answer would be telling. In fact, if GK went to your group last summer pre-buyout and granted unconditional offers of employment right to the bottom of our list many AT pilots would have left in droves.

This is the problem. SWA pilots thought they could kill any deal. They supposedly did it with F9, but this Airtran merger has already progressed to the point where integration has started. Also, GK has to report to a BOD, who wants what is best for the shareholders, not pilots. You need to quit thinking that you have a big say in mergers. If GK thinks it is better for the airline as a whole, he will probably do it, or face the BOD and stockholders.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is the problem. SWA pilots thought they could kill any deal. They supposedly did it with F9, but this Airtran merger has already progressed to the point where integration has started. Also, GK has to report to a BOD, who wants what is best for the shareholders, not pilots. You need to quit thinking that you have a big say in mergers. If GK thinks it is better for the airline as a whole, he will probably do it, or face the BOD and stockholders.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL, that's the way most companies work. If you look at SWA's BOD, you'll note that there are several Southwest executives on the BOD. Nepotism/Good 'ol buy network is always a factor in BODs. Moreso at Southwest.
I don't expect either the BOD or the stockholders to kick out GK if things go south on this deal. Both the BOD and shareholders are more supportive of Southwest management than Berkshire Hathaway stockholders. And I've attended a Berkshire stockholders meeting - Warren and Charlie are demigods.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back