AAI/SWA solution

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

easydoesit

How would a SWA guy feel if us AAI guys get relative seniority but we keep our payscale and benefits? You guys keep throwing around how much money we will make but what if this was the case. We get to keep our seniority and there is no huge windfall that you all keep talking about.

I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything, just wanted to get some feedback. Seems like SWA guys only talk about how much money we will make and we talk about our seniority.

So how bout we keep our seniority and we don't get a pay raise?

Keep it nice!

I understand where you are headed, but it's a can of worms as well.

For how long? Plus, I'd say most of the AAI pilots wouldn't want that. Just my thoughts..

RF

money we will make and we talk about our seniority.

Money will help you pay mortgage, college and retirement. Seniority will not help you with mortgage, college and retirement.

Money is forever and seniority is temporary.

How would a SWA guy feel if us AAI guys get relative seniority but we keep our payscale and benefits? You guys keep throwing around how much money we will make but what if this was the case. We get to keep our seniority and there is no huge windfall that you all keep talking about.

I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything, just wanted to get some feedback. Seems like SWA guys only talk about how much money we will make and we talk about our seniority.

So how bout we keep our seniority and we don't get a pay raise?

Keep it nice!

Nice one, how about you give us your seniority and you get job security.LOL!
We have the money, but what else do we want mmmmmmmm?LOL!
Your pay scale and benefits will only help SWA not the pilots. Give and take my friend.

Easy,

Here is one for ya! How about we do the SLI based off pay. Who made the most goes on top.LOL! Not trying to stir the pot but seriously?

Is one of the posters points that their current pay is better than none? If they accept the last proposal and there is another down turn in the industry, and there will be, then only former AAI will get furloughed so the SWA pay rates are pretty meaningless when you are furloughed.

You said "relative seniority" and "not trying to stir the pot" in the same post. Then you finish it off with "keep it nice"?

Seriously, bro!

I, too, get tired of hearing about the money. Money doesn't buy time at home. When you're on reserve for a decade, the money doesn't give you your life back.

When I flew corporate jets, I flew plenty of people who were worth tens or hundreds of millions. I also saw a lot of screwed up kids . . . . Kids who needed their Dad to be home more, instead of out chasing the almighty dollar.

I would say no. I think all 8000 of us need to be on the same CBA with the same payscale. This protects ALL pilots from a potential whipsaw. I type this, but I don't think SWA would attempt that. It's best to cover your a$$ just in case.

But that is selfish for me to only think about the pilots. In order to protect the hard work of all of the Southwest Airlines employees that have kept this airline in business, we all have to think about the culture of the entire Southwest Airlines family. The only way to protect, promote, and preserve this culture is to understand it the way we do from the inside. The only way to do that is to come through the front door like everyone else. Show up at the G.O. meeting all the requirements to be considered for employment, interview, wait what seems like years for the results, wait even longer for a start date, then show up with an attitude of gratitude that you were selected.

This is the only way the culture continues.

Realistic? Probably not, but that IS the only way AAI will ever appreciate my family.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back