• Friendliest aviation community on the web
MDW

BWI

TPA

MCO

FLL

JAX

BUF

Basically, the list includes anyplace that the Southwest effect creates a ton of PFC (passenger facility charge) income where an old crappy terminal exists or where there aren't enough gates--absent a legacy able to prevent construction. In that case, you often see a bright, new terminal go up paid by the inceased traffice (mostly SWA passengers).

When Southwest management came to visit ATL ops last month to see the operation work first-hand, they also had a meeting with the airport authority.

Word from the Chief Pilot's office was that "He'd never seen anything like it." Instead of coming and asking what Southwest could get, Southwest came in with a solid plan, told the Airport Authority what Southwest planned to do, how they were going to do it, and how the Airport Authority could help make it go more smoothly. The proposal was met positively from the Airport Authority.

From what I gather (I was not given specific details, I heard this 2nd hand from the union rep who WAS present), there *IS* a plan to own an entire concourse rather than stretched out over C and D, increase the footprint of the operation, and of course, increase the frequency. A would be nice, so would B.

And yes, the B/C mid-field connector is closed. Have no idea why, it was useful.

Lear,

My logic for SWA getting A-Con would be logistics regarding Delta pax.

If SWA got B-Con, then Delta passengers arriving on T or A would have to ride the tram past B to get to C,D,E. That is an unnecessary waste of time for Delta pax.

SWA getting A-Con would prevent this problem from happening. The vast majority of Delta pax would use B,C,D,E in this scenario and the Delta RJ gate modifications on C could be left intact.

When Southwest management came to visit ATL ops last month to see the operation work first-hand, they also had a meeting with the airport authority.

Word from the Chief Pilot's office was that "He'd never seen anything like it." Instead of coming and asking what Southwest could get, Southwest came in with a solid plan, told the Airport Authority what Southwest planned to do, how they were going to do it, and how the Airport Authority could help make it go more smoothly. The proposal was met positively from the Airport Authority.

From what I gather (I was not given specific details, I heard this 2nd hand from the union rep who WAS present), there *IS* a plan to own an entire concourse rather than stretched out over C and D, increase the footprint of the operation, and of course, increase the frequency. A would be nice, so would B.

And yes, the B/C mid-field connector is closed. Have no idea why, it was useful.

In a typical Hartsfield Delta hater attitude, the airport just rolls over for SWA, even though Delta pays the bills.

No knock on SWA or AAI management, it's just the sad fact that the airport considers the hometown airline the enemy always.

In a typical Hartsfield Delta hater attitude, the airport just rolls over for SWA, even though Delta pays the bills.

No knock on SWA or AAI management, it's just the sad fact that the airport considers the hometown airline the enemy always.
I don't know about "hater"...

I always thought it was silly to have us in two different terminals anyway and wondered why we couldn't get into one whole terminal. Always thought we were being a little ostracized in FAVOR of Delta from that regard,,,

Just makes a lot more sense for ALL the airlines there. Less back and forth between terminals is a good thing,,, isn't it? Seriously, just asking why it would be a bad thing?

Lear,

My logic for SWA getting A-Con would be logistics regarding Delta pax.

If SWA got B-Con, then Delta passengers arriving on T or A would have to ride the tram past B to get to C,D,E. That is an unnecessary waste of time for Delta pax.

SWA getting A-Con would prevent this problem from happening. The vast majority of Delta pax would use B,C,D,E in this scenario and the Delta RJ gate modifications on C could be left intact.

For all the years I've been at SWA, our mgmt has been so "right on".

I don't know about "hater"...

I always thought it was silly to have us in two different terminals anyway and wondered why we couldn't get into one whole terminal. Always thought we were being a little ostracized in FAVOR of Delta from that regard,,,

Just makes a lot more sense for ALL the airlines there. Less back and forth between terminals is a good thing,,, isn't it? Seriously, just asking why it would be a bad thing?

Lear,

How about our passengers who park at the T concourse and have to walk or ride the tram to the E concourse? I think our pax have it tougher, but that is the way it goes. Going from C to D isn't that bad now, is it? Riiight? We have gates in EVERY TERMINAL.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back