Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chase

For my AAI friends,

There are 32 AAI in ATL. What discussions or efforts have been made to take over on entire terminal at ATL vs. the current make up of having two terminals?

I suspect AAI has tried but was wondering what limitations (if any are known) that would prevent future discussions between SWA and ATL officials to negotiate those types of moves. Before money is sunk in to revamping the gate areas with SWA logo and branding, it would seem to make sense that this would be a perfect time to move all of AAI operations into one terminal.

Thoughts and background for those interested cousins and observers?

You would have to convince Delta to move and probably pay for that move. The big opportunity will be when the new terminal opens.

For my AAI friends,

There are 32 AAI in ATL. What discussions or efforts have been made to take over on entire terminal at ATL vs. the current make up of having two terminals?

I suspect AAI has tried but was wondering what limitations (if any are known) that would prevent future discussions between SWA and ATL officials to negotiate those types of moves. Before money is sunk in to revamping the gate areas with SWA logo and branding, it would seem to make sense that this would be a perfect time to move all of AAI operations into one terminal.

Thoughts and background for those interested cousins and observers?

Originally, Delta wanted the northern half of Concourse C due to a tunnel that connected C terminal to B. I believe that tunnel has since been closed. Delta has invested quite a bit of money in new jet bridges and remodeled gate areas as well as converting the old Eastern Ionosphere Club into a Delta Crown Room. I would think if Southwest wanted all of concourse C, then they would have to buy out the lease from Delta.

It might be better to ask SWA to figure out a way to take over all of Concourse A...yes, I said "A", instead of having to tear down all those RJ gate modifications Delta recently did on the north half of Concourse C.

Besides, Concourse A has better restaurants...unless you like Popeye's; to which it is merely a short tram ride.

I was told there was some real estate, not sure what direction, but a large pad area sufficient in size to build a separate terminal that would have good access to the new runway thereby allowing a carrier to build quite a few gates and operate nearly independently...still connnected to the others but if designed properly could have gates and ticket check-in areas.....not familiar enough with the real estate there to picture it but was wondered if others had thoughts on that scenario?

I was told there was some real estate, not sure what direction, but a large pad area sufficient in size to build a separate terminal that would have good access to the new runway thereby allowing a carrier to build quite a few gates and operate nearly independently...still connnected to the others but if designed properly could have gates and ticket check-in areas.....not familiar enough with the real estate there to picture it but was wondered if others had thoughts on that scenario?

There had been plans to build a commuter airlines terminal between 9R and 10. The area was compacted and leveled a few years ago but the project has been put on hold. The area is now just a parking lot for the construction workers building the international terminal just below the ATC tower.

Can someone honestly give me an example of a terminal BUILT by SWA? Not a remod, but actually fully build? (with their own money) There might be one in DAL, but that is probably it. SWA likes to come in and feed off of what others have already built. And, can they afford to build a new terminal in ATL AND pay the Airtran employees SWA wages? ATL will prove to be very expensive for SWA.....

Regardless, YOU GUYS ALL ARE TOP SHELF TYPE OF DUDES! CONGRATS ON ALL OF YOUR SUCCESS, YOU SMELL TERRIFIC.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Can someone honestly give me an example of a terminal BUILT by SWA? Not a remod, but actually fully build? (with their own money) There might be one in DAL, but that is probably it. SWA likes to come in and feed off of what others have already built. And, can they afford to build a new terminal in ATL AND pay the Airtran employees SWA wages? ATL will prove to be very expensive for SWA.....

Regardless, YOU GUYS ALL ARE TOP SHELF TYPE OF DUDES! CONGRATS ON ALL OF YOUR SUCCESS, YOU SMELL TERRIFIC.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dude! Where have you been bro! I can't wait for you to buy my coffee in ATL.

Latest resources

Back