Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kittyhawk1048

The Judge
When (we all know that this will happen) what do you think will happen with the SOC at PIT?

There will be a building for sale in PIT.

Why would AA dispatcher's agree to move to PIT when they don't even have a hub airport there to travel out of? Remember, they did sign off on agreeing to support the takeover attempt, but could there have been language in that agreement keeping the operations control facilities in DFW? Anything can happen, but I don't see PIT staying on radar as a combined AA/US SOC facility.

Did the dispatchers sign off? I saw where the pilot, flight attendant, and mechanics unions all signed agreements.

I have a friend who is a fairly senior pilot at AA and he claims the unions signed off on it but the employees have not. He was ticked about the whole mess.

I have a friend who is a fairly senior pilot at AA and he claims the unions signed off on it but the employees have not. He was ticked about the whole mess.

I would be ticked too....The US Air and America West get together was a dog and pony show...I would not expect anything less with this as well

Sounds like typical Doug Parker shinanigans.

I was told that the AA dispatchers are TWU, same as the AA mechanics, so I guess it's a package deal. Word in the PIT OCC at the moment is that everyone expects to be consolidated in Dallas if the deal goes through, which is also the belief of the AA dispatch contacts that we have. Sucks for those of us who prefer to live in PIT, works fine for those who commute from elsewhere, but not unusual these days (ask the folks from Northwest, Continental, AirTran, etc.). Gotta roll with it, whatever happens.

Latest resources

Back