• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA sued over peanuts!! Gimme a break

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pus**fication of our society is getting out of control. Everything is a syndrome, illness, sickness, disability. Pathetic.

pusification: everyone is like pus.....oozing from a swollen red zit.

Reasonable:

So, I'm an MD. My kid's allergic to peanuts. I was told several times when I asked AA about the issue that peanuts may be present on the airplane. Peanuts may threaten my son's life.

My options are:
  • Don't fly, avoid the risk completely.
  • Load up son on benadryl and make sure I've got an Epi pen in my purse.
Unreasonable:
  • Go anyway, then claim I was lied to. Hire a lawyer and claim my civil rights were violated, even though I'm pretty sure freedom from nut products is not an amendment to the Constitution and AAL's "Nut Policy" was clearly delineated on their website.
Fluent in Urdu and French, eh? Algerian/Pakistani terrorist. What exactly was she doing on that airplane?

Last edited:
LOser!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shes a moron, I watched that on TV and couldnt believe she actually got on a plane knowing this and then claim its the airlines fault. Someone should stuff some peanuts you know where I just cant believe people actually try and make a living sueing the airlines for stress? what did she think was going to happen? for the price of the ticket who is she to complain!@ Next time do the whole airline industry a favor Rent a car and drive !! IDIOT

Dorf wasn’t injured: she just complained that the loud sound reminded her of September 11, entitling her to damages, in part because she could not “focus enough to read the romance novels that she checked out from the library.”
That's rich!

"Your Honor, my client is entitled to damages because she can't diddle herself while reading her smutt books...":laugh:

Not saying I agree with the suit, but these peanut allergies can be serious. Usually the parents and passengers are very cooperative. If a kid has a real peanut allergy, you will have to remove all the peanuts on the aircraft, and vacuum the seats where they sit. The kid will also have a sticker or a lanyard that will say something about not feeding peanut products to the kid. Also, they will always bring their own food because most snacks are cooked in peanut oil. They will have a note from a physician stating the child cannot consume peanuts or be in proximity to peanut dust.

Generally speaking people with this problem have varying sensitvities. 90% of them just can't eat peanut products but have no problems if peanuts are served on board. For the remaining 10% it is dangerous to have peanuts on board because they can have a reaction from inhaling the dust.

You will find some that have a low sensitivity demand that peanuts not be served as a control thing. The best way to know if it is someone with a serious allergy is the Doctor's note, and they will also ask to have their seats and the immediate area vacuumed thoroughly.

Sounds like this lady is a control freak and has a child with a mild allergy. If this kid was seriously allergic to peanuts, she would never have allowed the plane to leave the gate.

Latest resources

Back