AA sued over peanuts!! Gimme a break

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This woman is the living definition of "helicopter mom":

For the entire flight . . . plaintiff remained fearful, tense and anxious as she watched over her son's every breath and body twitch, concerned that at any moment her son could have an anaphylactic reaction while imprisoned 35,000 feet into the air...
Somebody get me a bucket. Seriously.

I was recently a passenger on a "peanut-less" flight. The flight attendant made the announcement that there would be no peanuts served and that no one should open any bags because someone had an allergy. You should have heard the collective groan and seen the grumpy hungry people start looking around for the one person who was making them starve.

Obviously no one on this thread has a child with a severe food allergy. All it takes is one little bit of peanut for a child to go into anaphylactic shock. I am not saying the mother has a right to sue, after all, she is probably doing this to make people more aware of the condition. I watched my nephew have a reaction because a careless parent sent their child to school with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This is a private school that is peanut free.

Attached are a couple links that are interesting about food allergies.

http://lensaunders.com/peanuts/nbcnews.html
http://www.peanutallergy.com/allergic-reaction.html

Think about this thought for a second. Airlines provide wheel chairs for elderly people, two seats for fat people, vegetarian meals, and allow dogs on board. How are these things any different than having a peanut free flight, just serve pretzels.

Latest resources

Back