• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA stopping recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was a jun89 hire at TWA. What is the original TWA hire date of the most junior TWA guy?

Scheduled for recall class in March, the most junior TWA pilot would be in the vicinity of April 1996.

stlflyguy

Eagle is "reacquiring" those jets owned by AMR and given to TSA years ago.

The arbitrator ruled that AMR could exercise 22 of the 25 CRJ-700 options allowed under the now expired Sup. W. The ERJ's that TSA had have already been returned, I believe.

swaforme--The date of those on the property is a little skewed because there were so many bypasses by the 89 hires and later.

Someone suggested that the reason for stopping recalls is that the DOD is going to start "laying off" the MLOA's and the ones who accepted recall and immediately went back on Mil. leave will soon be coming back to AA. Just rumor.

At a minimum, I'd like to see the remainder of the Flowbies come back.

TC

Someone suggested that the reason for stopping recalls is that the DOD is going to start "laying off" the MLOA's and the ones who accepted recall and immediately went back on Mil. leave will soon be coming back to AA. Just rumor.

TC

Any more details on that one? I think a lot of 0-5's are hoping to make an active duty retirement in the coming 2-3 years and this news would seriously complicate life!

Any more details on that one? I think a lot of 0-5's are hoping to make an active duty retirement in the coming 2-3 years and this news would seriously complicate life!

Nope. Total rumor and speculation--I read it from another pilot on another message board. Sounded like they were just reading the tea leaves from the OB administration and extrapolating from there.

Wasn't trying to rattle any cages.

TC

What exactly does this mean?

There was an option offered in a letter of agreement that allowed Eagle to exercise options to acquire up to 25 CRJ-700 jets.

I thought it was in the section allowing flowthroughs by Eagle and flowbacks to Eagle but it was in its own separate LOA.

In any event, the company wanted to renegotiate, the union grieved the option just to get a ruling now, rather than when the options were actually exercised and the arbitrator said AMR could get 22 of the 25.

I haven't read the decision and it doesn't sound like Eagle is in any hurry to get the planes.

Like everything else AMR/APA/EALPA does, it's very murky, contentious and based on contract language that looks like it was written by my 5th grader. (Actually, that's an insult to my son. Sorry kid...) ;)

TC

Latest resources

Back