AA stopping recalls

aa73

Total Time
Just announced.... the 3/11 and 3/18 classes will be the last for now. No clue on when they will resume.

Blue Dude

Total Time
10000+
After the 3/18 class, how many does that leave on furlough status?

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory
My guess is when age 65 retirement kicks in, the recalls will flow at a very high rate... so 2012ish?

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
Neubyfly -

Great photo. Back when I was an aspiring pilot, I used to go down to LGA with my scanner and watch them cross the threshold to 4. Great memories listening to the bizex guys checkin in for an arrival. Back then there were no RJs or "regionals." LOL.

swaforme

Total Time
I was a jun89 hire at TWA. What is the original TWA hire date of the most junior TWA guy?

TV9Driver

Total Time
who's?
I was Feb. 2000 and I know there were several classes after mine.

stlflyguy

UL Listed
Total Time
I was a jun89 hire at TWA. What is the original TWA hire date of the most junior TWA guy?
Scheduled for recall class in March, the most junior TWA pilot would be in the vicinity of April 1996.

stlflyguy

stlflyguy

UL Listed
Total Time
Is Eagle is getting more jets?

stlflyguy

labbats

Zulu who?
Total Time
Eagle is "reacquiring" those jets owned by AMR and given to TSA years ago.

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
The arbitrator ruled that AMR could exercise 22 of the 25 CRJ-700 options allowed under the now expired Sup. W. The ERJ's that TSA had have already been returned, I believe.

swaforme--The date of those on the property is a little skewed because there were so many bypasses by the 89 hires and later.

Someone suggested that the reason for stopping recalls is that the DOD is going to start "laying off" the MLOA's and the ones who accepted recall and immediately went back on Mil. leave will soon be coming back to AA. Just rumor.

At a minimum, I'd like to see the remainder of the Flowbies come back.

TC

3ds

Total Time
Someone suggested that the reason for stopping recalls is that the DOD is going to start "laying off" the MLOA's and the ones who accepted recall and immediately went back on Mil. leave will soon be coming back to AA. Just rumor.

TC
Any more details on that one? I think a lot of 0-5's are hoping to make an active duty retirement in the coming 2-3 years and this news would seriously complicate life!

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
Any more details on that one? I think a lot of 0-5's are hoping to make an active duty retirement in the coming 2-3 years and this news would seriously complicate life!
Nope. Total rumor and speculation--I read it from another pilot on another message board. Sounded like they were just reading the tea leaves from the OB administration and extrapolating from there.

Wasn't trying to rattle any cages.

TC

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
What exactly does this mean?
There was an option offered in a letter of agreement that allowed Eagle to exercise options to acquire up to 25 CRJ-700 jets.

I thought it was in the section allowing flowthroughs by Eagle and flowbacks to Eagle but it was in its own separate LOA.

In any event, the company wanted to renegotiate, the union grieved the option just to get a ruling now, rather than when the options were actually exercised and the arbitrator said AMR could get 22 of the 25.

I haven't read the decision and it doesn't sound like Eagle is in any hurry to get the planes.

Like everything else AMR/APA/EALPA does, it's very murky, contentious and based on contract language that looks like it was written by my 5th grader. (Actually, that's an insult to my son. Sorry kid...) ;)

TC