• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Recalls Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thor--No TWA pilot came to AE via the flowback with 18 year pay seniority. The most seniority any of us had who were furloughed was 15 and change. TC

P.S.--Blame your MEC for the large number of flowthroughs. APA offered a deal capping the flowbacks at 125. The Eagle MEC said "bite me".

Yeah, it got shoved up Eagle's a$$ but your MEC bent you over...

Why would management bring an AE pilot over the fence and drive 2 training cycles when they don't have to?

My understanding is that AMR manangement (at the very least the bean counters at Eagle) are foaming at the mouth to send flowthrus to AA. Sure it might create some training cycles, but that'll cost less than keeping 400+ guys on the property who are on 18 year pay ($86-98 per hour). PB's memos to us Eagle folks keep reminding us that we're "top heavy" compared to other regionals. Cheaper to train 'em than to keep 'em I guess. I don't think it'd be Earth shattering stuff either if something were worked out to get as many non-numbered flowthrus over to AA as well (of course, to the bottom of the seniority list) cause most of those guys/gals are on 15-16 year pay -- not cheap either.

thor--No TWA pilot came to AE via the flowback with 18 year pay seniority. The most seniority any of us had who were furloughed was 15 and change. TC

P.S.--Blame your MEC for the large number of flowthroughs. APA offered a deal capping the flowbacks at 125. The Eagle MEC said "bite me".

Yeah, it got shoved up Eagle's a$$ but your MEC bent you over...

Yes they also wanted all new JET CA slots!! instead of displacing pilots!! APA's offer would of saved the company millions!! (125 Displacements and 400 Vacancies) (instead of 500 displacements)

You are all fools! Who cares who worked for who, who is a BOY or GIRL(or child), and who bought who!! This is why I just do my job, hang out with my family and could care less about pilots. Whoever the child is that said they have more time then the other is a fool!! WHO CARES, who are you Chuck Yeagar?? Your just a pawn to management and thats it, get used to it and shut UP

Well said, my potential co-worker. (Hired TWA 1997 now at CAL, but who knows?) It is hard to plan for ones' future with a company when the company itself has no plans for you in its' future. We are all just data in a computer file, and if it will make someone somewhere in management more money to get rid of us all they have to do is hit the delete key.

And they will.

My understanding is that AMR manangement (at the very least the bean counters at Eagle) are foaming at the mouth to send flowthrus to AA. Sure it might create some training cycles, but that'll cost less than keeping 400+ guys on the property who are on 18 year pay ($86-98 per hour). PB's memos to us Eagle folks keep reminding us that we're "top heavy" compared to other regionals. Cheaper to train 'em than to keep 'em I guess. I don't think it'd be Earth shattering stuff either if something were worked out to get as many non-numbered flowthrus over to AA as well (of course, to the bottom of the seniority list) cause most of those guys/gals are on 15-16 year pay -- not cheap either.

During the hiring boom, the company could have easily brought more RJ captains over, but it's pretty obvious to me that it was a deliberate decision not to. And AA management was doing the hiring, not the APA. I heard it said that the company had better success rates with the military and others already with heavy experience, than with the RJ guys, but I'd have to see the true statistics before I believed that.

You make a good point. I've given up on trying to deduce what goes through Centerport's collective brain.

I heard it said that the company had better success rates with the military and others already with heavy experience, than with the RJ guys, but I'd have to see the true statistics before I believed that.

Uh oh, here it comes.... another 5 pages on civilian vs. military bashing.

You know what? None of this $h!t matters. CC is what it is. AA and APA did what they did. TWA was where it was and the Eagle flowthroughs will flowthrough--maybe (remember, we're dealing with AMR here...).

Hopefully, AA will start growing (not through a merger :eek: ) and everyone will prosper. For those on the property, I hope a new contract comes soon. For those off the property, I hope they pull those 80's out of the desert and get some more RR powered 757's and new 777's.

Growth is the only thing that will reverse the effects of the past 5 years. TC

Now, everyone hold hands and sing with me! "Kumbyaah, my Lord, Kumbyaah..." :D TC

During the hiring boom, the company could have easily brought more RJ captains over, but it's pretty obvious to me that it was a deliberate decision not to. And AA management was doing the hiring, not the APA. I heard it said that the company had better success rates with the military and others already with heavy experience, than with the RJ guys, but I'd have to see the true statistics before I believed that.

You make a good point. I've given up on trying to deduce what goes through Centerport's collective brain.

For the record, of the 125 or so flowthrus who actually transferred over before hiring stopped, only 1 did not complete new-hire training and that was not for flying performance reasons.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back