• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Pulling Out OF KMDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And the people most upset over the elimination of service.........SWA Commuters. It's a crazy world were living in!

Big Slick said:
Out of Midway and into LUV? WTFO?

Maybe they want to concentrate on their bread and butter at the hub. Oh wait, ORD-MDW DAL-DFW nevermind.

mdf said:
And the people most upset over the elimination of service.........SWA Commuters. It's a crazy world were living in!

Why should they care?

TZ still has 4 flights/day, and FL starts(ed) 3/day this month. SWA commuters won't feel the effects.

AA's DFW-MDW ops were in direct response to TZ's ops.

$25 bucks to get the 2nd jumpseat on AAI will scare away a lot of SWA Captains.

SWA/FO said:
$25 bucks to get the 2nd jumpseat on AAI will scare away a lot of SWA Captains.

Thank goodness some things never change! ;) TC

P.S.--You're not a REAL airline captain until you've collected van tips from your crew only to stiff the van driver. OR... Brought your burnt out light bulbs from home, replacing the ones in your hotel room and taking the good ones. The REAL pros then call maintenance to replace the burnt out ones with BRAND NEW light bulbs! I'm sooooo proud... ;)

Last edited:
Airtran717 said:
American to leave Midway

No layoffs expected as 5 daily flights to Texas end Sept. 1

Of course there are no layoffs expected...they used one of the CAL gates and CAL personnel to handle the AA flights at MDW.

Can't ever remember seeing an AA employee there...other than those that flew in on the airplane.

No doubt those airplanes will be used somewhere else.

Tejas

HalinTexas said:
Why should they care?

TZ still has 4 flights/day, and FL starts(ed) 3/day this month. SWA commuters won't feel the effects.

AA's DFW-MDW ops were in direct response to TZ's ops.

I was alluding to the irony of the situation. I was not snubbing TZ with my comments. I know the bulk of commuters have been using both TZ, and AA.

AAflyer said:
Another CFI excited about the continued reduction of the legacy airlines! And yet you have a 757 in your avtar, what an a$$.

Wishing you everything you deserve in your future job.

AAflyer

Its all about you AAflyer. AA pulls out MDW...who cares?..its a secondary market to O'Hare anyway for your company. DFW is offering discounts to new entrants in Dallas (they are hoping for international capable aircraft) with E Terminal half empty and a new international terminal. With the airport hurting do you really think anything is going to happen with Love i.e. the Wright amendment? You are so self absorbed, you attack this guys avatar, when your foolish dreams or desires to see an AA 747-400 is on yours. How nice of you to imply that this individual should only apply to legacy carriers, when your company has 2500 pilots on the street. I think your the A$$!

Sincerely,

Annoyed

Last edited:
TC,

I remember giving you my dollar tip for that van to the hotel. You said you would pay for the crew. That explains the dirty looks from the driver the next day.

CLAMBAKE

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back