AA negotiators kick a pilot anthill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TC,

Most of us understand that aa management is lousy. That being said, construct the PBS contract in the likeness of TWA or DAL. You know how good PBS can be, so tell that "union" of yours to make it happen. Good luck!

I used pref bid as j4j (read junior pilot, fo and capt) and had no problems with it. i would like to see it at aaa.

TC,

Most of us understand that aa management is lousy. That being said, construct the PBS contract in the likeness of TWA or DAL. You know how good PBS can be, so tell that "union" of yours to make it happen. Good luck!

Not gonna happen. No matter what the union tries to do, AMR will twist it around with some kind of loophole. Trust us when we say PBS will never work at AMR!

Been working with PBS for 8 years, It is the single, most important life style improvement tool I have seen.

Correctly implemented, it reduces your bidding time and improves scheduling quality.

You guys really need to get your heads out of the sand, BTW the B707's and B727's are long gone, stop living in yesterdays world!

Can management play with your schedule probably not, might it take a trip you might of held and give it someone else, could happen. But most of us that have been doing this aviation stuff for a while,care about days off, credit, and report times. If PBS "steals" a 18 hour layover in CLE and gives me a 17.5 hour layover in IND instead, who really cares, if the end result is MUCH MORE SATISFYING than what I would have recieved line bidding.

I really don't understand the fear people have with PBS, Until you understand how it works and the control it affords you don't knock it!

Dude, the argument really isn't whether PBS is an "important life style improvement tool" but rather what it represents in the hands of today's renk and file managers. Forget the words "you" and "I" which seem to be the commom expression by everyone in favor of PBS. Like PIPE said in his thread you should talk to United pilots. The benefit is only shared by the top 15% of the pilot group. So what about the other 85%? They have to live with a tool that management manipulates for its own advantage and no one else. Go figure that the UAL MEC chose to withdraw from several scheduling side letters in protest of the one-sided use of the software.

You have the one living in yesterday's world to believe that managers are really here to help.

Latest resources

Back