• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA liquidation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excuse my ignorance but if the judge abrogates the Union(s) contracts, are they still bound by the NMB and RLA?
As an outsider with no experience in the 121 world, I would think that if the contract is dismissed then the employees are free to do whatever they please.

It happened to Northwest FA's. The judge "abrogated" the contract, then another judge ruled that the Union could strike, but yet another judge ruled that they could not. The last one is the precedent that stuck.

Eastern Airlines is an example of a "wildcat strike" The mechanics walked out and the pilots and flight attendants joined in a sympathy strike..

You also stated that the SWA/AirTran SLI WOULD go to Binding Arbitration. How did that prediction work out for ya?

It would have had retired SWA big wigs not gone to the Airtran MEC and "talked to them" harshly.(all rumor, of course) Let's hope you guys can someday act like a family and there aren't any hard feelings. It wasn't handled very well overall, and you know it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
It would have had retired SWA big wigs not gone to the Airtran MEC and "talked to them" harshly.(all rumor, of course) Let's hope you guys can someday act like a family and there aren't any hard feelings. It wasn't handled very well overall, and you know it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes, it was handled well. And exactly consistent with SWAs history
ALPA was playing games with SWA and YOU know that.

Yes, it was handled well. And exactly consistent with SWAs history
ALPA was playing games with SWA and YOU know that.

Wave, you have to admit the DAL/NWA merger was a better example of how a merger should be handled than the SWA/AirTran.

In the spirit of of the other string on this let me turn the table a little.
How would you feel if DAL bought SWA and you were treated the way the AirTran folks were in your merger?

Wave, you have to admit the DAL/NWA merger was a better example of how a merger should be handled than the SWA/AirTran.

In the spirit of of the other string on this let me turn the table a little.
How would you feel if DAL bought SWA and you were treated the way the AirTran folks were in your merger?

Odd that you chose DAL/NWA. From my understanding, a lot of NWA pilots lost ~3 years in the SLI. About the same as what AirTran pilots lost.

I dont concede that point Dan. And its been debated long enough. Apples to oranges- And unproductive.

Odd that you chose DAL/NWA. From my understanding, a lot of NWA pilots lost ~3 years in the SLI. About the same as what AirTran pilots lost.

Most of them lost about 2 years. There were some at the bottom that lost a few more than that because Delta hired 600 pilots in 2007/08 and NWA hired a lot less, and year 2000 hires were blended in with those 2007 hires (although the NWA pilots got credit for their longevity even while out on furlough, giving them 8th year pay instead of 3rd year pay after the merge, something NWA did not offer). There were some NWA guys (in the 1995 range) that actually did better than the DL guys in the same area. But overall, it was about 2 years difference, and 3 arbitrators decided that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I dont concede that point Dan. And its been debated long enough. Apples to oranges- And unproductive.

OK, I'll agree a good merger is in the eye of the beholder and I am sure there are plenty of angry NWA and DAL pilots out there.

But..... like I said, if DAL bought SWA, would you be alright with getting the same treatment that the AirTran pilots got from SWA?

How did they lose 3 years? SERIOUSLY? Did they not carry over their longevity WRT sick, vacation, and their DOH for non rev travel? I'm tired of hearing how the NW guys lost out. Anyone wanna guess what a '91 hire PMDL lost?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back