• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Kingston pics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are the yellow column type things on the rocks? Were they there pre-crash or are they part of the airframe recovery?

What are the yellow column type things on the rocks? Were they there pre-crash or are they part of the airframe recovery?

Well, they all have lights on them. If they were pre-crash, you'd think they'd do a better job of spacing them. I would guess post-crash. But geez, that means someone was right on the ball, and I have NEVER seen any Jamaican 'right on the ball'....

"in a minute" down there usually means in several hours or tomorrow!

You can easily see those skid marks going right off the end. All four wheels.

Yep. Or a landing on 30 for that matter....even LESS landfill off that end, and NO drop off.....

Given the amount of over-run, it probably wouldn't have happened if they landed on 30 without the tailwind. (not that it was an option for them)

Given the amount of over-run, it probably wouldn't have happened if they landed on 30 without the tailwind. (not that it was an option for them)

Well that's conjecture.

My conjecture is that a 737 slows down pretty fast after it drops a few feet, snaps its landing gear and uses the entire bottom of the aircraft as a brake and divides it's mass into three parts. It would be hard to say by looking at pictures just how much or less further the plane would have slid.

Granted, we all know the heinous penalty a tailwind can induce, so you in the end you're probably be right. I'm sure this has been discussed ad-nauseum, but what was the TW comp. for them?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back