• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Jumpseats Beware!! There may be imposters out there

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, See what one dumb post can start!!!!!! Hey ILS good call on the FAA Airman Database, Kinda makes this whole thread a moot point!!!

WOW! such hostility. All I did was perform a public service to warn you guys that some AA dipsh+t stole company property, property that contained personal information that would make a terrorist job more easy. As for denying a jumpseat, the seat is mine to do with as I see fit. If an AA guy or any other pilot does not pass the smell test they will NOT get on, FFDO or not!!

Wow, See what one dumb post can start!!!!!! Hey ILS good call on the FAA Airman Database, Kinda makes this whole thread a moot point!!!

Does the database say who you fly for and what base you fly out of? Does it contain your employee number?

Does the database say who you fly for and what base you fly out of? Does it contain your employee number?

I don't have a beef with the content of your message, just the way it was worded.

That said, guys, it just isn't that hard to find out things like employee number, base, DOH, and other pertinent info. Care should be taken by all to ensure Mr. Muhammed Whackamole never gets into the cockpit, period.

Some suicidal mullah might be able to get some fake docs, but they're going to have a hard time with small talk. "Say there, Achmed buddy, how's scope doing for you guys? Didja hear about Virgin America? Yeah that dip$hit Carty is onboard. How about the Wright amendment?" etc.

There's no way he can fake the chit-hat that any 121 guy would be comfortbale with.

WOW! such hostility. All I did was perform a public service to warn you guys that some AA dipsh+t stole company property, property that contained personal information that would make a terrorist job more easy. As for denying a jumpseat, the seat is mine to do with as I see fit. If an AA guy or any other pilot does not pass the smell test they will NOT get on, FFDO or not!!

Last time I checked, there was a part number on that seat..... meaning it's part of the Aircraft, WHICH BELONGS TO THE COMPANY.
I think the hostility is warranted based on the knee jerk reaction that is so typical of the "security" farce the airlines all are dealing with these days. Thanks for the public service announcement (are you sure you dont work for TSA) maybe you should. oh yea when your checking credentials, make sure the potential jumpseater doesnt have more than 3oz of liquids or gels on them

Ok Napoleon!! I think I'm starting to get the picture, It's all about the power huh? Do you see any parallels here? One person+dumb action= alot of people unjustly scrutinized or inconvenienced. Im sure the guy who posted all that info on the internet is really happy there are people like you out there doing their bidding.

oh yea good thing you edited that last post, it might have you look like you really did work for TSA (are imposters exempt from the 3oz rule)

oh yea good thing you edited that last post, it might have you look like you really did work for TSA (are imposters exempt from the 3oz rule)

If you haven't flown for the airlines, you are probably not aware of the consequenses of a PIC allowing an unauthorized jumpseater on the aircraft. At most companies, it's more than just a slap on the wrist.

This is a real problem for airline pilots and NAA was correct to bring it up. TC

P.S.--This issue is not being taken seriously by AA. If I posted the EN's and bid statuses for pilots in the MIA domicile, for instance, I bet they'd take it seriously. Maybe it would have gotten their attention if he'd made a sexual reference in his post... :rolleyes:

P.S.--This issue is not being taken seriously by AA.

No offense meant here, but the incident just happened, so you don't know whether or not it's being taken seriously by AA. The guy is a pilot, and as such, it will simply be a matter of time before he is fu(ked over by AMR to your satisfaction (with a blind eye from APA) .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back