• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Jumpseats Beware!! There may be imposters out there

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see, So who do you fly for I would like to return the favor.

Look man, no one wants a jumpseat war. I think all NAA is trying to say is that since ONLY AA pilot info. was put on the net, then it is reasonable to assume that IF someone was going to make a fake I.D. then, in this case, they have all the info they need to make an AA pilot badge. Not a Southwest I.D. or United, or Delta etc... only AA. Therefore until this situation is resolved, (i.e. AA pilots I.D.'s changed) pilots of other airlines should look a couple of seconds longer at the documents when an AA pilot is jumpseating.

I do have the say and will not allow an AA pilot on my seat without thourough scrutiny. One of there own brought this on them. Don't blame me!

Passports, Airline ID's, medicals, pilot licenses, AOA badges, driver's licenses etc etc are all EASILY conterfitied. Many of those "exposed" were FFDOs. If one of those trys to JS... sorry... check it or forget it!

NAA Pilot, Doesn't your companys GOM tell you to thouroughly check a jumpseaters credentials anyway? or is it just easier to "deny"

In response to another quote, There are plenty of "imposters" who spend a career in the cockpit..........LOL!!!!!

AA is CASS. When the gate agent enters their information, the pilots picture will show on the screen. It should be very apparent if the person is not the same.

In response to the photo check at the gate by the agent. I lost my passport, and went without for over a month. At a certain airline's gate's, they NEVER once asked me for my passport or photo I.D., they also didn't have the technology to bring up the photo. This may have changed recently though. They just asked for my airline and employee number, and said welcome aboard. So all of you guys that are willing to trust the gate agents better think again. It is our responsibility to be the last and final check in the security of our aircraft. Anything less is unacceptable.

As a side note, many of you may be aware that impersonating a pilot is high on the list of what the bad guys are trying to do.

I see, So who do you fly for I would like to return the favor.

Return what favor? LUV pilots info was not compromized. You guys are always welcome to my jumpseat. AA guys just need to go the extra mile to prove they are who they say they are. And if they are packing, they can drive.

Ok everyone who wants to Jumpseat on NAA to ghana or nigeria get to work on your DAL, UAL, CO fake ID's

It's only former TWA pilots who had their info compromised.

If you're going to deny anyone the jumpseat, make sure they are former TWA... :rolleyes:

Now that I have the sarcasm out of my system, this could have been presented better.

Some radical dip-$h!t Native FO thought it would be cute to post the list of former TWA pilots who have the right to bid CA in STL because of the merger/integration agreement between APA and AMR. He doesn't like the fact that he's a 1990 hire and "should" be able to bid those CA seats. Blah, blah, blah.

Instead of whining about not having access to the CA seats in STL, he should be jumping for joy that termination-happy AMR hasn't fired him yet and that he's not in a DHS interrogation room with a really hot, bright light shining in his face for 20 hours straight while some FBI agent who makes the Fed in The Matrix look like Ron White asks question after question on subjects like "when's the last time you visited the Middle East?".

I say again: :rolleyes: . TC

P.S.--I've always denied the jumpseat to people from Florida. It just seemed like the right thing to do. I don't like Rhode Islanders either...

I do have the say and will not allow an AA pilot on my seat without thourough scrutiny. One of there own brought this on them. Don't blame me!

Passports, Airline ID's, medicals, pilot licenses, AOA badges, driver's licenses etc etc are all EASILY conterfitied. Many of those "exposed" were FFDOs. If one of those trys to JS... sorry... check it or forget it!

Just try and bump a FFDO soley because they are an FFDO and see what kind of ********************storm descends on you!

Just try and bump a FFDO soley because they are an FFDO and see what kind of ********************storm descends on you!

I'm glad I read all the way to the last post in this thread before commenting on NAA Pilot's FFDO jumpseat denial. Guat posted generally along the lines I'd intended to.

By the way, with the knowledge of a pilots name, you can find out information about him from your very own gub-mint...

Civil Aviation Registry: Airmen Inquiry

This whole myspace/deny AA pilots thing is being way over-blown. Some people need a flippin' hobby. Wait... Oh crikey! I may not be able to get to Nigeria on Monday!:rolleyes:

AA guys just need to go the extra mile to prove they are who they say they are. And if they are packing, they can drive.

So, if all of the forms of ID you mentioned are EASILY counterfeited, exactly how is the offending AA pilot supposed to go the extra mile for you? A photo of himself on Arpey's lap? I don't jumpseat very much, but if I encountered a complete dou(hebag, I'd just catch another flight and then give his name to our JS coordinator... Then maybe I'd put his name on my totally bitchin' myspace page. :laugh: GMAFB...

Becareful, you harass too many AA pilots, and then NAA pilots will end uphaving a hard time. I am guessing more NAA pilots jumpseat on AA then the other way around.

If I were to present you with my license, company ID, passport, and was approved by CASS exactly what OTHER information could I give you?

I know why you are upset, and I don't blame you. I think the guy that did it is a Sh!thead for doing what he did. He seems to be in a little hot water now, and enough of a backlash from his fellow pilots that he took down the myspace site.

Let's not start a jumpseat war.

respectfully,

AA

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back