AA jumpseat = Pain in the Butt!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kroll

Can someone plz explain this listing jumpseat thing? What a pain in the a$$.

Running to catch a flight from Ord to Phx to head to a funeral. I ask for the jumpseat and the gate agent looks at my badge for like 5 mins then says are you listed? Huh? dail 1-800-%&^$^, what? 1-800-I can't believe you don't know this, huh? Can you write it down for me I just ran to the end of the darn concourse. 1-800- blow it out your A$$. Got it thx.

Sooooooooooooo I call it.

.....prompt.......wait.........prompt........wait........10 mins later someone picks up. Oh you have the wrong number. Call 1888-your screwed, what? 1-888- this is BS.

Sooooooooooo I call it.
.........Wait .....................wait.............prompt.........wait........................wait..........15 mins later disconnected!

So I ran to United and dropped 10 pounds and lowered my cholesteral by 50 point.

AA guys what happened to filling out a slip of paper. Is this the reason I'm riding in the FA jumpseat all the time for your guys?

Who is the bonehead that came up with this?

Put 888-933-5922 in your Contact List on your cell. Sucks that you had to do the ORD race around. The AA/AE gate agents were pretty mellow about it when it came out (1.5 yrs ago?). I imagine they aren't so understanding now.

I use AA once a month at least from AUS-DFW-JFK. They have always been great. Never a problem. Thanks AA.

(but I am also always listed)

That number in the first reply will save you all the heartache

I'm thinking about using them to Jumpseat internationally from DEL to ORD. Any advice guys?! Show up early to list? So you must use that number to cabin jumpseat internationally?

Put 888-933-5922 in your Contact List on your cell. Sucks that you had to do the ORD race around. The AA/AE gate agents were pretty mellow about it when it came out (1.5 yrs ago?). I imagine they aren't so understanding now.

My favorite part: the number isn't open 24 hours a day. I learned that the hard way.

A couple weeks ago I was jumpseating on a 6am (eastern time) flight. As I was walking to the gate I called the number, and got a recording saying to call back later when they were open (I think 6 or 7am central time). What kind of AIRLINE reservations number isn't open when flights are departing???

I was fortunate enough to have a (somewhat) understanding gate agent who listed me at the gate.

Can someone plz explain this listing jumpseat thing? What a pain in the a$$.

Running to catch a flight from Ord to Phx to head to a funeral. I ask for the jumpseat and the gate agent looks at my badge for like 5 mins then says are you listed? Huh? dail 1-800-%&^$^, what? 1-800-I can't believe you don't know this, huh? Can you write it down for me I just ran to the end of the darn concourse. 1-800- blow it out your A$$. Got it thx.

Sooooooooooooo I call it.

.....prompt.......wait.........prompt........wait........10 mins later someone picks up. Oh you have the wrong number. Call 1888-your screwed, what? 1-888- this is BS.

Sooooooooooo I call it.
.........Wait .....................wait.............prompt.........wait........................wait..........15 mins later disconnected!

So I ran to United and dropped 10 pounds and lowered my cholesteral by 50 point.

AA guys what happened to filling out a slip of paper. Is this the reason I'm riding in the FA jumpseat all the time for your guys?

Who is the bonehead that came up with this?

So you are complaining about a free ride? WTF is wrong with you? The rules of each carrier are sometimes inconvenient but in the end you are asking for a favor.

So you are complaining about a free ride? WTF is wrong with you? The rules of each carrier are sometimes inconvenient but in the end you are asking for a favor.

A favor that his carrier, i'm sure, reciprocates to AA pilots. Everyone who has ever commuted has, at one time, found themselves in a time sensitive situation. I think that it isn't out of line, in a situation when time is of the essence, to hope to be accomodated in a reasonable fashion.

If every other carrier does it easier, then this is an issue that AA pilots, for their own best interests, should rectify with the company.

A favor that his carrier, i'm sure, reciprocates to AA pilots. Everyone who has ever commuted has, at one time, found themselves in a time sensitive situation. I think that it isn't out of line, in a situation when time is of the essence, to hope to be accomodated in a reasonable fashion.

If every other carrier does it easier, then this is an issue that AA pilots, for their own best interests, should rectify with the company.

I agree it sucks when you are in a time crunch and you come up against unforeseen circumstances. However in the end jump seating is a PRIVILEGE not a right. I have jump seated on AA before and its a very painless process provided you list first. I am a commuter and I carry the numbers for pretty much all the carries that are CASS. I always call first and ask what their policy is if I haven't flown with them yet.

Guys, I am currently flying for TAM airlines and is there a way to jumpseat from GRU-MIA and back on AA?? My wife and I want to move back to MIA and riding on TAM is expensive even for employees. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance,
VF

Latest resources

Back