AA jumpseat = Pain in the Butt!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

The number is a js number ONLY. It works great, is quick easy, and fast. Often MUCH faster than listing at the gate with other carriers.

I was VERY impressed with AA jumpseating...and glad they let me ride. I don't get to any more as I was laid off, and no one has ever heard of J&V Aviation!

cliff
NBO

Love and Hate AA Jumpseat.
Love that I have NEVER been left at the gate.
Love that is is free.
Love that most times get a seat in the back.
Love that the FA's if I am in uniform, comp snacks and food.

Hate that what takes SWA 15 seconds at the gate, takes AA 10 minutes of typing typically even when I list, and trust me I list while on way to gate.
Hate that they don't let us sit in first, even though I make sure all my jumpers get first when available.
Hate that agents in ORD are usually pissy, not so at many other AA stations when I jumpseat.

Still overall, prefer jumping on AA.

I recently had an AA gate agent in ORD, after I told her I was near by (yes I was listed for that flight and on the stand by screen at that gate), tell me to stand away from her and that she would call when she cleared me on. Well the jetway door closed and I wasn't on, I walked over to her, she snapped at me and said I can't get on and they she has no time to help me. I had spoken to another pilot who was jumpseating, and told him I had a funny feeling about this lady and my chances of getting on. So when the gate agent took the final paperwork down the CA asked about me, she told him Spirit wasn't in CASS (not true) so the CA called AA SOC and asked if Spirit was in CASS, the answer was yes. He called operations, got a gate supervisor to let me down the jetway. On the way down we saw Ms. Gate agent who told the supervisor that I wasn't getting on and started to back the jetway up. The supervisor told her to stop and put it back on and that yes I was getting on.

I made it and that was my only bad experience on AA, usually I have been treated well and offered First Class if room is available.

I'm thinking about using them to Jumpseat internationally from DEL to ORD. Any advice guys?! Show up early to list? So you must use that number to cabin jumpseat internationally?

CO will take you to EWR as long as there is a seat in the back. We leave a little before AA but I think the whole process takes a while once you get to the airport, it is always controlled chaos there. My advice would be (AA or CO) get there early, list at the ticket counter, get through security, and talk to the crew once they get there.

I'm thinking about using them to Jumpseat internationally from DEL to ORD. Any advice guys?! Show up early to list? So you must use that number to cabin jumpseat internationally?
Also, since you are EV, we do not have an international jumpseat agreement with AA. Apparently it is 2 different lists for domestic. I would recommend UA or CO, they have always treated me quite nice on international flights, usually letting me sit in business.

Trying to JS domestically on an AA 777 in a few days. Is there 2 cockpit JS on that plane? On another note, I also wanna make sure big D is on your int'l recip. JS list.

Thanks!

Latest resources

Back