• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Jumpseat Number

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One more thing. Does AA take more than one jumpseater on international flights? I'm trying to get from DUB to ORD. Thanks again.

727 plumber,

Unfortunately, only one jumspeater is allowed on Int'l flights - even if your airline is on the "Unlimited" list, it's only for domestic. Good luck, and don't skimp on the Guiness!

Much better than trying to talk to Mujabar in India for YoNiteds res system.

Perhaps you should avoid United in the future and not ride them. Also, at UAL we do not require the J/Sers to list for the flight, unlike AA. If you show up at the AA gate not listed then you are SOL most of the time. At UA you only need to appear at the gate with your credentials. So unless you enjoy speaking to india then you are wasting your time and THEIR time to do something that is not neccessary.

This AA term "meal list" has been kicked about here on FI recently, and I'm not doubting at all what you guys have heard or been told, I'm just shocked they're still using the term "meal list" rather than just listing or booking... like you're going to magically get a "filet mignon, preceeded by lobster bisque soup and a fresh garden salad with a piquant roquefort dressing" or something.

You're lucky to get a seat, and if you're REALLY lucky, you might get a beverage and a handful of mixed nuts.

I think they use the term " Flight List" now instead of "meal list"

Perhaps you should avoid United in the future and not ride them. Also, at UAL we do not require the J/Sers to list for the flight, unlike AA. If you show up at the AA gate not listed then you are SOL most of the time. At UA you only need to appear at the gate with your credentials. So unless you enjoy speaking to india then you are wasting your time and THEIR time to do something that is not neccessary.

I'm always greatful of a ride on United, I'm also a former employee. Its the issues that they've outsourced their res's to India. It sucks when you want to list on a flight out of O'Hare this evening and "Floyd" says "OK you want flight from O"hare to Sydney".

As far a listing goes, ALWAYS list ahead if you can no matter if its "required" or not. I've never had a gate agent complain that I listed ahead of time but I sure hell catch an ear full from some if you don't. I've even been left behind because he/she didn't have time and I was there an hour before departure waiting for a gate agent to show up(This was on United by the way). I've actually found agents much more friendly and professional at AA in ORD lately. Don't get me wrong, I love United and it was my lifelong goal for a long time but its sure gone down hill since the late ninties when I was there. Like alot of places lately. Management is taking good companies and running them into the ground.

Thanks for all the help everybody. This will be interesting. If I don't get on I can always hop on the tube of pain out of STN later in the day. M

well, for what it's worth... we just got an email from our J/S rep a few weeks ago, and it said the new procedure for American is NOT to list. Don't remember why, but it said they prefer we DON'T, and just show up at the gate. I don't commute on American, so I don't know... I'm sure there will be some gate agents upset there is no listing, even though we were now told not to.

Latest resources

Back