AA @ Job Fairs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude!

Do NOT let the General hear you say that---you'll get several posts of how much better Delta is than anyone, and it is Fantastic! That you are starting there. He'll probably even throw in some comments about how bad it is at Southwest and how bad LBB is, even though nobody mentioned it.

Good luck.

Bubba

Bubba,

If that guy wants to go somewhere else, then he should. Any of the big 3 would be a good choice, primarily because they all have 5000+ retirements each within the next decade, and none of them have to go to Midland or Lubbock. Hopefully that guy makes the right decision for himself, and he may really like what he sees while in DL Indoc.

Bye Bye---General Lee

... Hopefully that guy makes the right decision for himself, and he may really like what he sees while in DL Indoc.

Bye Bye---General Lee[/QUOTE

DAL, another one of those low-rent "pay-for-training-lodging" outfits. No wonder so many guys are retiring... ?

Last edited:
Had an AA new hire in the jump last month who left Delta after 9 months.

General, it never ceases to amaze me how big of a tool you are, especially because you brag to much.

I remember you telling people on this forum in the past that AA/US will be a great place to work due to retirements, size, etc. Now you're taking the opposite stand stating people will be miserable, it's undesirable unless you live in DFW, and there will be a mass exit to UAL and DL.

Statements like those are why nobody likes you. One can only imagine how horrible it would be to actually have a conversation with you in person or to have you in the jumpseat. Every airline I guess always has "THAT guy". No matter what you post in return or in general, it won't matter because you're "THAT guy"

Had an AA new hire in the jump last month who left Delta after 9 months.

General, it never ceases to amaze me how big of a tool you are, especially because you brag to much.

I remember you telling people on this forum in the past that AA/US will be a great place to work due to retirements, size, etc. Now you're taking the opposite stand stating people will be miserable, it's undesirable unless you live in DFW, and there will be a mass exit to UAL and DL.

Statements like those are why nobody likes you. One can only imagine how horrible it would be to actually have a conversation with you in person or to have you in the jumpseat. Every airline I guess always has "THAT guy". No matter what you post in return or in general, it won't matter because you're "THAT guy"

Wow, you are really upset, and it ceases to amaze you because you can't understand my "genius." Don't worry, most people can't. I have always stated that going to any big 3 would be good overall, but after watching what has happened between US and AWA, it looks like AA would be number 3 out of 3. You can't debate that, the instability within that total pilot group is palpable. We all can't wait to watch how that unfolds, kinda like watching a bad reality show at it's conclusion.

As far as "everyone" not liking me, I beg to differ. I get PMs daily from people with interview questions and asking for advice. It is extremely unlikely I will ever be on your jumpseat too, I live in the largest pilot base in the World, and I don't need to go on any other carrier. I certainly wouldn't want to be on any AA/US jumpseat after the SLI is completed, that is guaranteed to be an uncomfortable whine session for decades.

And I guess I am "that guy." The guy who knows it all, because I actually do. You can't debate me on anything, and to me you are "yet another one of those guys." A waste of my time.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Bubba,

If that guy wants to go somewhere else, then he should. Any of the big 3 would be a good choice, primarily because they all have 5000+ retirements each within the next decade, and none of them have to go to Midland or Lubbock. Hopefully that guy makes the right decision for himself, and he may really like what he sees while in DL Indoc.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Saw UAL in MAF today, and AA flies to LBB regularly. Personally, I'd fly my 737 to LBB every day for the pay and bennies I get. Plus I don't have to fly with you.

You really are an idiot.

Saw UAL in MAF today, and AA flies to LBB regularly. Personally, I'd fly my 737 to LBB every day for the pay and bennies I get. Plus I don't have to fly with you.

You really are an idiot.

Uhhhhh, really. That UAL flight, (UAL 1814) was a charter to New Iberia, LA. Maybe a football charter? (Who again is the idiot?) Take a look on Flightaware dot com. AA does have 2 daily MD80s to DFW it seems. The majority are E145s, though.

I'm very happy I'll never fly with you. I'm glad you could always fly to West Texas for your current pay and benefits, too. Whew! Somebody has to do it, and that won't be me. (Thank Gawd). Enjoy!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
As I recall, Delta ( mainline ) once flew scheduled service into LBB. Sadly, they found they couldn't compete, and terminated that service including the DFW hub, where they couldn't compete either.

Uhhhhh, really. That UAL flight, (UAL 1814) was a charter to New Iberia, LA. Maybe a football charter? (Who again is the idiot?) Take a look on Flightaware dot com. AA does have 2 daily MD80s to DFW it seems. The majority are E145s, though.

I'm very happy I'll never fly with you. I'm glad you could always fly to West Texas for your current pay and benefits, too. Whew! Somebody has to do it, and that won't be me. (Thank Gawd). Enjoy!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Thanks for taking the time to verify that there was indeed a UAL 737 in MAF.

Made ya look.

What was this thread about?

Thanks for taking the time to verify that there was indeed a UAL 737 in MAF.

Made ya look.

What was this thread about?

And you knew why it was there.....I proved you wrong in MAF, no scheduled UA service there. You're welcome.

Bye Bye---General Lee

As I recall, Delta ( mainline ) once flew scheduled service into LBB. Sadly, they found they couldn't compete, and terminated that service including the DFW hub, where they couldn't compete either.

No, they had 732s to AMA, MAF, and LBB. But, apparently it didn't bring in enough revenue. Today it probably still doesn't, or 717 service would be added most likely. As far as DFW goes, it's true, DL retreated due to AA's dominance there. In the meantime, AA just went BK and DL has reduced it's debt from $18 Billion to almost $5 billion, and will have the most profitable quarter EVER for Q3. Yeah, how's your airline doing now? Never mind, I don't care.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back